Nationwide Internet Problems

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Just received this explains a lot of what we are experiencing.

We don’t want you to feel upset, Kevin. We regret to inform you that your Plan didn’t push through due to your area can only cater a speed of up to 2 Mbps. o worries, as we continuously expanding our service, we’re doing all that we can to provide you a better service. Kindly monitor our newest services/promos/Plans via poster, social media sites and trough our portal https://shop.globe.com.ph/brodband. Thanks.

Now I was sold the plan 1299 up to 3mbps download but it is obvious that 3 mbps cannot be reached.

• I'm Confused 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 9/23/2017 at 10:12 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I have heard this from several people this site is the one that goes slow for me if the internet is slow.Since they repaired my line it has been fine. 

My Internets fine too, but Facebook takes ages to load up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Globe came to my house for another service call because the internet was so slow again.I told them that also we could not use the landline as the keypad did not work.They changed the phone and we have had no problems with the service since.Could the phone  not working cause the slow internet speed,I wonder.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Globe came to my house for another service call because the internet was so slow again.I told them that also we could not use the landline as the keypad did not work.They changed the phone and we have had no problems with the service since.Could the phone  not working cause the slow internet speed,I wonder.

That is a good question Kev, but I would think not.  But in your case seems to have worked.

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2017 at 8:13 AM, mogo51 said:

Sport all good also.  So it appears that the major problem was my VPN, anyone using one and having trouble, might like to try turning it off and seeing if it makes a difference.  Hope this is helpful.

Good tip, Ron. As a former network engineer(allegedly) I can tell you this is to be expected. The purpose of VPN is not to maximize speed, on the contrary; it's to - well you know - fool networks into believing you are someone else or you are somewhere else. My VPN service runs little better than 12% of my normal fiber speed.