Cop in shooting over toothpick

Castaway
Posted
Posted

MPD: Cop in shooting over toothpick to yield

By Rey Galupo (The Philippine Star) | Updated September 19, 2017 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The Manila policeman involved in a shootout with a fellow police officer in Caloocan City over a toothpick will surrender, an official said yesterday.

Manila Police District (MPD) Station 1 commander Superintendent Gerry Corpuz vowed to present Police Officer 1 Paul John dela Fuente.

“I have talked to his parents and they promised to convince him to surface and face the charges against him,” Corpuz told The STAR.

Dela Fuente shot it out with Senior Police Officer 1 Romel Bautista, assigned with the Caloocan police investigation division.

Corpuz received flak after he allegedly admonished the Caloocan policemen who went to the MPD Station 1 in Tondo to look for Dela Fuente.

“I did not admonish them. I asked them politely if they were among the police officers orThe shooting occurred after Danny Sta. Maria, 66, who was eating at a carinderia along A. Mabini street in Barangay 18, took a toothpick from the table where Dela Fuente was eating on Saturday.

Witnesses said Dela Fuente badmouthed and punched Sta. Maria, prompting the latter to seek help from Bautista, who was detailed at the nearby Iglesia ni Cristo chapel.

Bautista was about to approach Dela Fuente when the latter drew his gun and opened fire, hitting the Caloocan policeman in the leg.

Witnesses said Bautista was the first to fire at Dela Fuente but missed.

http://www.philstar.com/metro/2017/09/19/1740477/mpd-cop-shooting-over-toothpick-yield?nomobile=1'

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Haha whatever happened to subservient behavior.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Haha whatever happened to subservient behavior.

Good question Kev, but timber is in short supply.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I think I toothpick brings the value of human life to a new low level here????

• Like 1