Customer Service Huh?

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Another issue to do with customer service or the lack of--it seems to me lately that supermarket and store help seem to be walking around looking very glum. In the past couple of months I've observed what seems to be entire store staff being halved down to a skeleton crew. in supermarkets and small department stores. I attribute it to morale problems/fears possibly as well as the cost of basic goods for workers and low pay scales.  Maybe as workers reach that six month mark they get worried. Doesn't make for a very pleasant or helpful experience. Has anyone else observed similar situations?

This is my observation as well. I've been here 5+ years. Most of that time in Dumaguete area.  When I first got here, stores had lots of staff to assist with the smallest of detail and they where very, very helpful, polite and cheerful.  They still are, but to a lesser extent. And most notably, big staff reductions, longer lines at cashier counters, etc.  Seems like they're (store owners and managers) doing what their counterparts in the West have been doing for years; reducing staff, dumping employees replacing them with contract workers, etc.  Yep, can definately hurt morale.

• Thanks 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have found with some of the bigger companies that if you contact them via FB you are more likely to get a response.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

dumping employees replacing them with contract workers, etc.  Yep, can definately hurt morale.

Another thing in the Dumaguete Area id that they have stopped to a large degree using OJT as non paid labour so yes they (Owners) have had to actually employ staff or go through Agencies which seems to be the in thing just now

Jack:smile:

Morning All Good Morning (2).jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

replacing them with contract workers

I have noticed some employees quitting their full time job after a year or more.  They originally see "getting off the contract and onto full time" as the holy grail and loads of them worked to attain it.  Now that more companies are offering full time employment the ladies are seeing it as the same shit they used to put up with on contract with little opportunity for advancement for many years.  So its the same as they were doing on contract but its steady work.  Some ladies seem to like the search for that "holy grail" better than actually getting it.

Just a personal observation based on a couple of full time girls quitting their jobs at Lee Plaza.

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've actually found  a whole other side to customer service in the Philippines--i.e., the over-eager sales people who literally stalk me as I'm walking through certain stores (such as Ace Hardware).

I always end up having to tell an employee to back off by saying "I already know what I want and I already know where to find it." They might not understand me but they can tell from the expression on their face that they need to step away.

Edited by Castaway
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well I cant complain about Globe this week they have repaired my line and they are going to change my plan so I get 5mbps download and 300gb data at no extra cost.Makes a change I must say.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2017 at 9:11 PM, Castaway said:

I've actually found  a whole other side to customer service in the Philippines--i.e., the over-eager sales people who literally stalk me as I'm walking through certain stores (such as Ace Hardware).

Two sides of the same coin, equally bad.

• Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I just had two Samsung Repair Center technicians from San Fernando come to my house in Angeles to repair my 55 inch Smart TV that was knocked out in last weeks storms. They diagnosed the problem, took photos of the bad mother board and will notify me Monday if the repair parts are available and at what cost before completing the repair. Cost of the in home visit was 500p.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I just had two Samsung Repair Center technicians from San Fernando come to my house in Angeles to repair my 55 inch Smart TV that was knocked out in last weeks storms. They diagnosed the problem, took photos of the bad mother board and will notify me Monday if the repair parts are available and at what cost before completing the repair. Cost of the in home visit was 500p.

About the same price as a 6 outlet surge protector. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

. Cost of the in home visit was 500p.

Out of Warranty I guess?