Roof Ventilation Whiligigs & Insulation

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

All good info, thanks.

Update, for now we have decided not to go with the whirlygigs, reason being the ceiling install from the pictures we received didnt leave too much roof cavitiy space, so decided to leave the whirlygigs off for the time being. Hopefully the ceiling alone (plus insulation) has decreased some of the heat .... plus as if I didn't expect it, we ran out of budget.

But somehow the initial budget quote blew out to include an entire inside paint job and new floor coverings, luckily this pissed off the mrs and for now she has said "no more money, I'm sick of their demands always".

Can someone advise how long will last before she sends more money across?!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Paul_QLD said:

Paul, how long is a piece of String? before I retired I had (and many more too I would guess) did the same thing But it was always the same story, Ran out of Budget. If I had to do it all again, I would do nothing until I was on Site to see just what is happening. :wink:

There is no easy answer but at least your wife is a aware of the Overspending and that mate is 85 % (if not more) good for you. :thumbsup:

Your mileage may vary but in the main, to the Local, Budgets are for spending on things Today as there never seems in their minds, a Tomorrow

Best of Luck my friend :smile:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Paul_QLD said:

Depends on how strong her will is some relatives over here can be pretty incessant when asking for more handouts.Money comes out of an ATM didn`t you know that.haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Haha thanks for the support you two!

Defintely would have been advantageous to be there when this all occured Jack, but there was a rush on as Mae's youngest sister is getting married next month so they wanted it all done and dusted before that, so the few extra $100 we didnt account for was well worth it looking at the final pics. 

Annoying thing is I've been in and out of hosipital the last 12 weeks having a hip taken out and replaced 9 weeks later and wont be able to go back for it, Mrs is going alone.

Was looking forward to attending my first  filipino wedding ... and so has it the groom's family are the local district caterers, can imagine the food now!

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Paul_QLD said:

Was looking forward to attending my first  filipino wedding

I'm not sure but they may be able to find a replacement to drink your share of the wedding booze :7500: :hystery:

Hip replacements take a long time to recover from so wait a while and there will be another wedding.  Count on it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 9/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, bigpearl said:

Go with the local experiences as I am sure ours was an isolated instance with no malice to rotary cowl design

I spoke wit my neighbour about this again Steve, he has installed many and never had any problems.  Never had water intrusions  during storms, so may go ahead.  He has built many homes in this area, so maybe it will be ok.  They are good and we have the same problem of it being rather hot upstairs.

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hip replacements take a long time to recover from so wait a while and there will be another wedding.  Count on it :thumbsup:

This is my fourth revision on the left side, been there done that you could say.

This is the last sibling,  I said to the wife oh well maybe one of the older kids will soon be my next wedding opportuntiy (currently aged15-18) she said better not be they have study to do (four of the kids in the last six months have all started realising what the opposite sex is all about all at once) LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1