We're not in West Sussex now Toto

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

Relaxing at the moment.:photo-109: .

Next month is the Eagle Hunters Festival in the Altai. Hopefully I'll get to see it this year.

Wow! You really get around Not So Old!    You called it Jack!:wow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I was going to say Bradford .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Is that outy or inny Mongolia?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

:wow:  Jack..........( tell us you were only joking )

Not so Old certainly get's around, maybe we should play a game of guess, as to whether he's an International Spy or just a Playboy. :cool:

Wherever you are NSOCH, stay safe and enjoy :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Not so old--one of my favorite Far Side comics reminds me of your lucky situation in being suche910d7d15d5a1435b842d1e7421e31e2.jpg a world traveler!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Jack..........( tell us you were only joking )

Why JB I was right, been there, and it is a Nice place :thumbsup: Unspoiled by much Tourism believe it or not, I actually got it from the Storefront that an old friend took me to. without  'Chinas' Photo i would have been at a loss methinks :smile:

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Jack..........( tell us you were only joking )

Why JB I was right, been there, and it is a Nice place :thumbsup: Unspoiled by much Tourism believe it or not, I actually got it from the Storefront that an old friend took me to. without  'Chinas' Photo i would have been at a loss methinks :smile:

Absolutely Right Jack, that's what was  amazing, till you mentioned you had been there, having seen the photograph of the store-front and remembering it.  :AddEmoticons04230:

I think you might have a secret past or like Not So Old your an ex-spy or International Playboy too. :tiphat:...........:hystery:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It sounds like you are a "Roving Retiree."  The idea is to see the world in retirement by moving location to location at a slower pace then the typical tourist. Most rent a furnished apartment on a month to month basis using local transportation to get around.

My wife and I are practitioners. We depart in a few days for a 52 days trip to Spain. The highlight for this trip is a stay in Cuenca, a small town made famous by a Filipino artist. James Michener mentions in his book IBERIA about their meeting and touring the town. The town's train station is named after him. If there is enough interest, my wife plans to take photographs and write a story. Hopefully, a Philippine newspaper will agree to publish. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 09/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, Jack Peterson said:

For some reason I missed the last part of my own thread. When were you in UB (how long ago, and which season)?

I put in the second pic thinking that the Ger (or Yuurt if you prefer) would be the clue, but well spotted with the department store.

I also thought it was a nice place, with one proviso (see below). Friendly, polite people, and very easy to get round: I could walk from the appartment where I was staying near the city centre to the outskirts of the town in 30 minutes. And the traffic is probably the most disciplined I have seen in Asia (with the exception of Hong Kong and Singapore). It is also a very clean city. I don't recall seeing any litter in the streets.

I plan to do another thread on UB giving some of my impressions.

So my proviso. Well, winter lasts 9 months. Winter is bl__dy cold (minus thirty - minus forty) and the air polution soars as all the nomads set up camp round the city and start burning anything they can get their hands on to keep warm: old tyres, rubbish, plastic.....:frosty:

And I didn't get to the Eagle Festival after-all...:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 09/30/2017 at 12:22 PM, Gerald Glatt said:

Is that outy or inny Mongolia?

It's Mongolia, which is a fiercely independent country. Inner Mongolia is a province of the Peoples Republic of China.

• Thanks 1