Any persons very familiar with propane and gas plumbing ?

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

I shipped over a portable gas grill, the kind that uses the propane canisters. Knowing that they are hard to find and even when found very uneconomical, I got an adapter that screws into the grill and has a nipple that takes hose and is clamped on. The problem is the nipple is .25 " and the hose is .375" ID. Was thinking to try to find a .25" hose to try to make a sheath on the nipple, that or some electrical shrink wrap since that hose material might be to thick. The other idea is Teflon tape. I could see using the canisters if they could be refilled at the LPG station too, that would be best.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bang4dabuck said:

I shipped over a portable gas grill, the kind that uses the propane canisters. Knowing that they are hard to find and even when found very uneconomical, I got an adapter that screws into the grill and has a nipple that takes hose and is clamped on. The problem is the nipple is .25 " and the hose is .375" ID. Was thinking to try to find a .25" hose to try to make a sheath on the nipple, that or some electrical shrink wrap since that hose material might be to thick. The other idea is Teflon tape. I could see using the canisters if they could be refilled at the LPG station too, that would be best.

They use the refillable ones over here so I would ask a local or a shop that sells them if they know where you can get them re- filled.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I just had a thought and you should try the small sari stores they are more likely to be able to sell you a refil.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Another option is try to locate a machine shop with a lathe.  Take the adapter along and for them to measure and explain what you need.  Should be able to make one in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is propane completely compatible with compressed natural gas? 🔥

I would be cautious and use an approved adapter.

Gas leakage is hazardous. 💥 Ask my poor wife she knows! 💩☠️

Edited by Old55

Gary D
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

Is propane completely compatible with compressed natural gas? 🔥

I would be cautious and use an approved adapter.

Gas leakage is hazardous. 💥 Ask my poor wife she knows! 💩☠️

You will likely need to change the jets. We sent a 4 burner natural gas hob from the UK and changed the jets to use bottled gas.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

You will likely need to change the jets. We sent a 4 burner natural gas hob from the UK and changed the jets to use bottled gas.

I really Do NOT see the point in all this, You can get what you want here at a price you can afford. Somethings are just not worth the Bother.

The PI is Geared for Bottled gas and when you have done all this Pratting about you will have problems with the Gas supply.

JMHO, BUT why make problems. OH! of course, so you can sit and write about it here when you are Bored:hystery:

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I really Do NOT see the point in all this, You can get what you want here at a price you can afford. Somethings are just not worth the Bother.

The PI is Geared for Bottled gas and when you have done all this Pratting about you will have problems with the Gas supply.

JMHO, BUT why make problems. OH! of course, so you can sit and write about it here when you are Bored:hystery:

I'm still trying to see where your post is being helpful to the OP or is it just BS:89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm sure Jack was attempting humor and utterly failing. Normally I'm the one posting then everyone goes "What the heck!?" 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

I'm still trying to see where your post is being helpful to the OP or is it just BS:89:

All this we have been through Before and it would seem no one has come back and said they have been successful with the Job from obtainable stuff here so yes of course it is Useful to say what I have read from members here in that it would be better to buy new

8 hours ago, Old55 said:

I'm sure Jack was attempting humor and utterly failing. Normally I'm the one posting then everyone goes "What the heck!?" 

No mate as I have just said,  Is the OP going to let us know how he is getting  on with his quest or is he going to buy new in the End Now if people really think this is BS then so be it but it will be hard (Depending on his Location to Find an LPG gas station to fill them

Just saying  Grumpy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1