Any persons very familiar with propane and gas plumbing ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bang4dabuck said:

Just wrapped the nipple with a few layers of electric tape and double hose clamped and it works. Bacon Bleu cheeseburgers here I come with home made dill pickles and homemade potatoe salad with mayonnaise not that crap they call mayo ( Miracle Whip)

Hope it does not leak one day as many explosions happen with gas bottles fitted to BBQs . :boom:

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

Pretty much the way Ace Hardware does and the same as RVs set up for Bbq except again the standard hose in US is 1/4" whereas here 3/8". I feel good with it, more concerned with the snap hookup to the bottle. They're to cheap to change out the ORing retainer it seems so you all make sure you got a real good connection there, not good if you are switching the tank all the time to other apparatuses. I'm going to just get one of those small tanks for this, smaller explosion too.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Dont try to refill standard gas bottles ,they have a tendency to fail ,I use a system called , GASIT , they are dedicated refillable bottles, I use the LPG pump at the petrol station ,the gas works out at around 60% cheaper 

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sure the best is what the grill was set up for, the Coleman camping bottles and which there is a setup to refill yourself from the regular size propane tanks. Unfortunately the standards seem different so even if I had an empty bottle or 2 I think I'd be SOL. The big Gasul tanks work fine but a hassle to drag outdoors to grill. Such is life in the land of beauty and bounty.

The Gasul small tanks are a whole different set up, not worth it to me. I'll just wait for my current tank to get about 1/4 full and set it aside just for my grilling and coffee roasting.

Edited by bang4dabuck