How many hours sleep 😴 do Filipino or Filipinas typically take?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

I'm curious how many hours your Filipino or Filipina partner typically gets. How many hours will they sleep if they have opportunity?

Is it true the real reason Filipinos marry Foreigners is it typically allows them more sleep?

My wife and I have the same sleep patterns, occasionally she will lay down for an hour (as I do) for a snooze.  But she is very active and always cleaning or doing something around the house.

Perhaps by coincidence, but since we started having fruit smoothies and vegetable soups with a Nutra Bullet look alike from Lazada, we seem to have much more energy.  I have not checked my weight but am sure I have lost some, as I am at the last spot on my belt and  have never been there before?

I am just trying to find a scale that I think might be accurate to confirm.

The last sentence in your post does not cover the real reason which I think we all know is for 'security' and their future well being.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The wife sleeps about six hours at night and another one or two during an afternoon siesta.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jake said:

Hmm......this sleep pattern may be a leftover from the Spaniards, in which over 300 years of Spanish influence was embedded to the local culture.  I often find myself dozing off in front of a fan in the heat of the day -- a midday siesta,  to be followed by an afternoon merienda (sweet snack) and probably another couple hours of sleep.  And then a late dinner and around midnight, I start dozing off again.  That was my daily routine while I was in PI.

Here in the states, my military background takes over with only 6 hours of sleep, still getting up around dawn with a fresh pot of black coffee and reading my morning paper, the PEF.  

YSMV......your snoring may vary 

No disrespect Jake, but whenever someone points out the Filipino siestas, the fiestas, the meriendas, the money under the table, the womanizing, the drinking, the chisme and the anarchy, someone always pops up to blame those of us of the Spanish perauasion. :mocking:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Typically the SO would sleep 9----10 hours at night, if not busy 2 in afternoons, suspect if I not around this increases.

Have found same with previous GFS. Plus all sleep like the dead......

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Have you also noticed that no matter how much noise is going on outside they still nod off quickly and never wake up till they want a pee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Have you also noticed that no matter how much noise is going on outside they still nod off quickly and never wake up till they want a pee.

Too much information.  You are obviously not tapping her hard enough on the shoulder.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Too much information.  You are obviously not tapping her hard enough on the shoulder.

Tapping on the shoulder, now thats where i am going wrong.:hystery:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

HmmmmmmmmmScratching Head.jpg But Ron, what would that achieve apart from the start of another Argument and a Wife with a bad mood in the Morning, Some things are best left alone  "Sleeping Dogs comes to mind) Joke lang  :smile:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Tapping on the shoulder, now thats where i am going wrong.:hystery:

Steve, I urge you to refer to my previous Post mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Reboot said:

No disrespect Jake, but whenever someone points out the Filipino siestas, the fiestas, the meriendas, the money under the table, the womanizing, the drinking, the chisme and the anarchy, someone always pops up to blame those of us of the Spanish perauasion. :mocking:

None taken Pare......I love my siesta and meriendas and of course, my afternoon delights.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2