So is there a problem for you?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Don't equate unhappiness with moaning, some of us are very happy to moan.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Gary D said:

some of us are very happy to moan.

I do know what you mean.  My attitude is:  If someone moans to me once and it brings my mood down, then I am disappointed in them.  If someone moans to me a second time and it brings my mood down, then I am disappointed with myself for paying attention to them.

But that doesn't mean I do not understand the need for a good whinge.  It just helps if it is prefaced by "don't mind me I feel like complaining today".

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg

:hystery::hystery::hystery: Well for once I get it ( Jack, I guess once PaulB starts a job he don't stop till it's finished)

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Well for once I get it ( Jack, I guess once PaulB starts a job he don't stop till it's finished)

And here's me thinking he finishes so fast he wouldn't have time to shut the window before it was all over :hystery::Caught:

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

When I am driving, my wife  assumes that my observations of other road user's is moaning. :mocking:

When I point out that I am not moaning, back comes the reply........"It's not my problem".... trouble is, nothing is her problem

I do the steering, she drives from the back seat!!!...........yes dear coming now just a moment :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just stay here as I'm a stubborn bugger and will beat them before they beat me. :whistling:

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Many things here can be irritating if you let them. The secret is to just accept that's the way things are and adjust reactions accordingly. It takes a particular mindset to successfully enjoy life as an expat, especially a retiree. The main thing being able to embrace the lifestyle and culture and the people for good or bad.Persons who moan and/or compare negatively where they are with where they have been, usually their birth country, are unhappy with their choice and would be better off moving to wherever they feel happiest. I personally feel much happier here than the UK for various reasons, some obvious, some not so. Let's just assume that I would be more of a moaner on here if I still lived in England.

• Like 4

Lou49
Posted
Posted

It is a poor third world country. All goods and services and infrastructure and environmental conditions will be inferior to your home country. But the women are great, they are what makes it worthwhile. I would never have returned to the PI after the first visit if it wasn't for the women.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny, my neighbors say the same thing.  So we closed the bedroom window :hystery:

You wish

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I just stay here as I'm a stubborn bugger and will beat them before they beat me. :whistling:

That just about sums up the attitude of a lot of people me included.It is not perfect here but for me it is a lot better than being back in the UK with some tw@t on your back every 5 minutes asking for some kind of tax and if you don`t pay then prison.Just some people like to complain but I see more expats here telling them to go home.Will I complain about this place probably but I will do it in a way that makes it a conversation and not a vocation.

Dave Houndriver your neighbour told that it is very quiet in your house so dream on mate.:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2