A new bed

stevewool
Posted
Posted

A new bed is something that has to be comfortable and to last a long time too, so how much do you spend on one, as much as you can for comfort i say.

But what if you are buying for someone else, how much do you spend.

Emma may be going back to the Philippines for a quick holiday and will be staying at the house we had built but as the roms are not completed she will have to use her fathers bed , now Emma's dad is like any other bloke who is buy himself, why bother buying new when the old one is ok.

S how much can i spend on a new bed and then leave it for her dad, any thoughts and ideas where we could buy remember this is in Marikina.

I have offered to let Emma take our blow up bed and leave it there as she has 30 kilos allowance for her flight:whistling:.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

how much can i spend on a new bed and then leave it for her dad,

Depends.  Is it in a house where its going to get wet or rats get in it or bugs or lizards or kids pee on it etc.  If so don't spend much.  I find many filipinos have no respect for beds and if they get wrecked they just get the bamboo mat back out and sleep on that.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I intend to spend as little as i can as i will not sleep in it, but it will make Emma happy .

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I intend to spend as little as i can as i will not sleep in it, but it will make Emma happy .

Then you can buy decent foam mattresses for a couple thousand pesos that are just fine for a short time.  You can put them on the floor or on a bamboo bed and they are good enough for us westerners for a few days and yet someone who never usually uses a mattress thinks they are great.  I bought one from Prince Warehouse when my mother came to visit and put it on a bamboo bed.  She was fine with it for a couple weeks and we still use it for company.

• Thanks 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

A new bed is something that has to be comfortable and to last a long time too, so how much do you spend on one, as much as you can for comfort i say.

But what if you are buying for someone else, how much do you spend.

Emma may be going back to the Philippines for a quick holiday and will be staying at the house we had built but as the roms are not completed she will have to use her fathers bed , now Emma's dad is like any other bloke who is buy himself, why bother buying new when the old one is ok.

S how much can i spend on a new bed and then leave it for her dad, any thoughts and ideas where we could buy remember this is in Marikina.

I have offered to let Emma take our blow up bed and leave it there as she has 30 kilos allowance for her flight:whistling:.

Like anything else there's a variety of answers and prices. When I travel I do want a decent bed, CR, and preferably hot water in the shower (though not a necessity). The point is a decent bed's important even for a few days; who wants to screw up their back.

We're outfitting our rental house and wanted decent but not fancy beds. We had them made. We bought 2 Queen sized beds with headboards. One bed came with 2 matching end tables; guests don't need end tables in my estimation. The total was about $375. We then purchased good quality foam mattresses; a thicker one for us than the guest bed (we're not running a hotel) and spent about $125.

I'm sure we could have gone cheaper and positive we could have gone much more expensive. BTW, it took a week to have everything made and delivered.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

how much can i spend on a new bed and then leave it for her dad, any thoughts and ideas where we could buy remember this is in Marikina.

Steve I hear you but I think on this you have to give "Emms" her Head as she will be sleeping on it (The bed that is :hystery:)

"Gloria Hunniford" from the BBC once said, "With Shoes or Beds you must buy the best as when you are not in the one you are in the Other"

I am sure she has a C/C and can telephone you for approval when she finds what she wants :wink:

On the Dad side he will give Steve some more Brownie points I am Sure

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

On the Dad side he will give Steve some more Brownie points I am Sure

Never mind the dad and brownie points,  I am still not convince Emma has forgot about the other night, so i a looking for points from her .:bash:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, stevewool said:

so i a looking for points from her .:bash:

OUCH.jpg careful what you wish for mate, Things tend to come back and bite you in the A***e

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2017 at 6:34 PM, stevewool said:

Never mind the dad and brownie points,  I am still not convince Emma has forgot about the other night, so i a looking for points from her .:bash:

Mr Steve haha all meek and mild after a slipped tongue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1