High heels at work out. New DOLE order

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not quite sure if many here are going to be that Interested but just to say that this has apparently has been in the Pipeline for over 2 years I am told Dole have quite a Sting in their tale and because someone at my Wifes Company Listened they have moved ahead of this Order

Noreco II now have a Uniform and Compliance Committee that Oversee, Design and Monitor usage of all uniforms and such basically they are Self Policing but DOLE do come at Intervals and do Inspections. The max height for shoe heels is 2 "  1/2" over the Order but OK'd by Dole.

I won't make this a long Post as I know some get bored with real life here in the PI but There are companies that care about Employees and this one is pretty near the Top of the List. Outside Workers (Linemen and such) are issued safety Boots and Gloves and proper safety Glasses, The committee makes regular checks on usage and will replace old (Worn out ones on Inspection and exchange

Proper Seating is provided for all and Staff rooms are available for Rest Periods as is a Fully Equipped Kitchen and pantries are on each Floor for Snack Preperation

Regular Health Screening is also part of the Regular Employees benefits

So to finish I think that Noreco II have made and are maintaining good Relations with its Employees and complying with current Orders in a pretty Good Way

Edited by Jack Peterson
late spelling correction
  • Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

I will also probably shed a few tears the next time I go to Gaisano if I fail to see those shapely legs.

Don't lose hope yet since the law (as I am reading it) no longer requires women to wear high heels... but those women with shapely legs who still wish to show them off may still do so without breaking the law :smile:

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Castaway said:

. but those women with shapely legs who still wish to show them off may still do so without breaking the law :smile:

Are you sure?

Castaway
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Are you sure?

Like so many other laws in the Philippines (such as no overtaking), they have NO TEETH.

1eB-Kk6R.jpg

Besides, the law as it was written, makes it 'no longer required,' which makes a voluntary approach possible (if not in fact also LEGAL).

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Castaway said:

Besides, the law as it was written, makes it 'no longer required,' which makes a voluntary approach possible (if not in fact also LEGAL).

Well  I won't argue the Point but Going against a regulation for Vanity will to me put them in Hot water and could have Ramifications on the Employer as to the law it is s PI Law and ambitious, ambiguous even to say the least but I sent a text to my wifes HR lady to ask about this because somewhere I smell disaster for those that try and Circumnavigate these type of Rules

Castaway
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I smell disaster for those that try and Circumnavigate these type of Rules

You may be right :mellow:

giphy.gif