Do you find your SO or Family insensitive at times?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Her sister's husband had seen a strange dog running around his farm and shot it.

Oh crap!  Am I insensitive for laughing even though I love dogs?  :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ante, he exclaimed, she will be a replacement for "Shadow" Now of course for those that have been Following my poorly Dog Topic will know that my Boy is still Fighting Daily to stay with us and very much alive & still with us as poorly as he is.

I think it is rare that you find real animal lovers here.  Even those who seemingly adore and spoil their dogs don't think of them as family as we do in the U.S.

By coincidence, my wife and I were talking about that today.  She claims to like dogs and cats, but she said flat out that she could never treat them like humans, as some of us tend to do.  And she mentioned the following example.

When we were in Denver last May, we visited my sister and her daughter (my niece), who is 50!)  My niece has a Great Dane that is a super dog, but she spoils her rotten, to the point of being funny.  Some of it may be justified.  She got the dog as a rescue, and it had messed up rear leg(s).  My niece had her legs fixed over a period of over a year.  She said it cost the price of a small car!   The dog is really cool and she likes to hang out and watch her humans.  Every 2 or 3 hours, my niece makes her lie down on her giant soft bed and rest.  She says Gigi gets tired from supervising.

Most Filipinos can't identify with this kind of love for an animal, and my wife said she could never be like that.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Most Filipinos can't identify with this kind of love for an animal, and my wife said she could never be like that.

:mellow:Well I can say now that it is my wife that is brining my Boy back from all this If I believed in Him I would say God Bless her:whistling:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:mellow:Well I can say now that it is my wife that is brining my Boy back from all this If I believed in Him I would say God Bless her:whistling:

I didn't mean to say that my wife would not care for our animals when injured, but they are much more practical in their thinking.  Would she care enough to spend p500,000 or more to fix a pet's legs?  I don't think I would.  Not sure what I would do.

I hope Shadow is on the mend and hope to meet him some day!

Side note dog topic. Moved to side topic here.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Moved to side topic.
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Old55 said:

Once I retire (SOON!) Hear that Steve?!

It feels just like i wrote this .:hystery:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Jack here in Australia you can vaccinate against distemper, can it be done over there ? 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Clermont said:

Jack here in Australia you can vaccinate against distemper, can it be done over there ? 

Yes

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Oh yes he had all his shots but what the Vets do not tell you is that they only last 2 years and should be redone, "Shadow" had a major Shot 3 weeks ago but the Vet says that he may be too weak for another so we are keeping him on tablet solubles for now

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Eldon Cordrey
Posted
Posted

Yeah Filipinos care about chickens not dogs or cats.

• Like 1