Do you find your SO or Family insensitive at times?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 9/27/2017 at 8:59 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I find that I have to choose my words carefully or they will get upset but they can say what they want.I think Jack that sometimes they just don`t think.C U tomorrow.

I have to agree Kev & Jack.  Sometimes I just scratch my head and wonder 'where did that come from'.  But it is often what they don't say that keeps me wondering.  Most of us say 'please' 'thank you' as second nature.  Often there is no reaction whatsoever when you show an act of kindness.  

I just put it down to the east/west thing and carry on living here, which is a pretty good experience overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eldon Cordrey
Posted
Posted

Filipinos are care about Titles and respect.  Americans care about Appreciation and gratitude.  

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Eldon Cordrey said:

Filipinos are care about Titles and respect.  Americans care about Appreciation and gratitude.

What about all the other Nationalities on this forum?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Just now, mogo51 said:

Roger that Ron.  I don't even know how to characterize other national cultures in just a couple words.  I'm Filipino-American, so you can imagine how my inner multi-culture clashes sometimes.  For example, I still like to pee against the wall but here in southern California, just about everyone is armed with an assault rifle.....he, he.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Quite Ron and this can get out of hand sometimes, seems true in many circumstances that Filipino's are only Interested in those From the US, I honestly can't think why when the majority of other National Foreigners have much to offer as well but I will listen to answers on this.

8 hours ago, Eldon Cordrey said:

Can I ask  who's Titles and Respect the Filipino or others ?

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

We Brits care about accents. For example I speak with what is known as an RE (received English) pronunciation. There are times when other Brits (generally female) will make comments such as "You speak posh don't you?" or "Bet you went to a good school." Well, yes I do, and yes I did. So what has that to do with us having a conversation now?

• Like 2