Anyone living in Baguio City?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Mogo (Ron) recently moved there I believe, might be good to sound him out. 

I heard the Internet is so bad that he cannot get on the forum to tell us about it :SugarwareZ-004: But that is second hand info so lets wait until he gets on to tell us.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Mogo (Ron) recently moved there I believe, might be good to sound him out. 

Mogo is down the mountain on the coastline in the La Union area, I believe.  1-1.5 hours from Baguio.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

We live down the mountain at Bauang.  Went up to Baguio just after arriving here a few months ago and it was raining constantly, cold and traffic was horrible.

Great shopping centres there, with an excellent general and food market..  The mountainous terrain would be no good for me. My  wife lived there for sometime and she said it rains constantly during the wet season ie. now.

But if cooler temperatures is what you seek, it is the place.  Housing quite expensive there.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I heard the Internet is so bad that he cannot get on the forum to tell us about it :SugarwareZ-004: But that is second hand info so lets wait until he gets on to tell us.

Terrible internet speed is being kind.  Advise everyone to stay away from fiber optic cable my speed today .2mps, constant buffering and dropouts.  They have been out but nothing they can do, as there are breakages in the HK to Phils undersea cable.  Being fixed but when that is finished is any  one's guess.

The staff at Lueco who are the providers, are very helpful, but even they admit it is out of their control.  But it still does not stop Management selling it to fools like me!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MariChris
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Terrible internet speed is being kind.  Advise everyone to stay away from fiber optic cable my speed today .2mps, constant buffering and dropouts.  They have been out but nothing they can do, as there are breakages in the HK to Phils undersea cable.  Being fixed but when that is finished is any  one's guess.

The staff at Lueco who are the providers, are very helpful, but even they admit it is out of their control.  But it still does not stop Management selling it to fools like me!!!

OH man.   That is a must for us and I heard the fiber optic is suppose to be good! Sad to hear. Is this in Baguio? 

MariChris
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

We live down the mountain at Bauang.  Went up to Baguio just after arriving here a few months ago and it was raining constantly, cold and traffic was horrible.

Great shopping centres there, with an excellent general and food market..  The mountainous terrain would be no good for me. My  wife lived there for sometime and she said it rains constantly during the wet season ie. now.

But if cooler temperatures is what you seek, it is the place.  Housing quite expensive there.

Thank you! That's what my hubby said that it rains a lot during wet season. Which we don't mind. We love the rain. But def cooler temps is what we are seeking. 

Yea houses seem to be more expensive up there. But our budget is up to 17mil. But most likely the houses that we seem to like at the size we want as around 12mil. We are just researching the subdivisions we want based on the must haves we want in the area. 

We def want to stay far away from the town center that's for sure! 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MariChris said:

That is a must for us and I heard the fiber optic is suppose to be good!

You will likely be extremely disappointed with Internet in Philippines.  About 80% of us are. :Mad:  But we do learn to cope.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, MariChris said:

OH man.   That is a must for us and I heard the fiber optic is suppose to be good! Sad to hear. Is this in Baguio? 

You frequently here of people having problems with brownouts (no electricity) or problems with their internet being down in some areas of the Philippines. The electric supply in Baguio was very good, only a few times did it go out, then it was only for a short time. Same thing for my internet. I had DSL via Bayan Tel. They were very reliable and provided very good support. Speeds and prices have likely improved since I left almost 3 years ago. Best is to speak to your potential new neighbors when you are scouting out a home to buy to see who they use and how good the service is.

• Like 1