Pinoy Neighborhood Question?

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Im considering signing my 1st lease on a townhouse thats NOT in  security guard controlled subdivision. What are some of the question I should ask the landlord BEFORE I sign that dotted line? My 1st question to him is,how can we get rid of the junk cars that line the very small street in front of the property?

Complain to barangay Capt maybe?

002.JPG

001.JPG

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Complain to barangay Capt maybe?

Be so very careful this one my friend not good to be Alienated by the neighbours if things went sour, Remember it is always our (The foreigners) fault and when it actually can be, things may escalate Also, the Captain may take umbrage and persuaded the owner not to lease to you. They can go both ways on things 

Just saying :whistling:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, russellmania said:

My 1st question to him is,how can we get rid of the junk cars that line the very small street in front of the property?

I am in a secure subdivision and still have junk cars parked in front of the houses on narrow streets.  There are no parking regulations that I know of to force them to move.  It would be funny for me to make a video to show what a pain it is to get in and out of my gate but you will get the picture on your own soon enough.  :whistling:

I would be reluctant to live in 

41 minutes ago, russellmania said:

a townhouse thats NOT in  security guard controlled subdivision

The people could very well be partying in the street most weekends as they have no yard to party in.  Its bad enough when there are rules because many ignore the rules until someone comes and enforces them, as in security guards.  When I lived in a place such as you describe, the neighbors RIGHT next door decided to keep roosters.  OMG that was loud and stinky.  At least there is some control in a subdivision with rules (although people still sneak in the odd rooster).

Keep in mind that the experiences I write about are in Liloan, Cebu and in Sibulan, near Dumaguete.  Location makes a difference.  You just may get lucky and have good neighbors. It does happen and I do wish you luck.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I agree with the other 2, not much you can do but I don’t see a problem asking the landlord about it. Karaoke parties, barking dogs, indiscriminate burning of trash would bother me a lot more. Complaining to the barangay capt is an absolute last resort. The phrase “choose your battles wisely” dates back 2500 years in one form or another but it’s just as relevant today.   

• Like 4

russellmania
Posted
Posted

The second photo is from the balcony of the townhouse,so the abandon cars are not exactly in front of the gate. Its just I would like to back my truck  in my carport and that little white van what not is kinda in the way of that.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Are they abandoned or just parked?

If they are just parked ask the owner politely if they could move it down a little so as you can reverse into the driveway.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am in a secure subdivision and still have junk cars parked in front of the houses on narrow streets.  There are no parking regulations that I know of to force them to move.  It would be funny for me to make a video to show what a pain it is to get in and out of my gate but you will get the picture on your own soon enough.  :whistling:

I would be reluctant to live in 

The people could very well be partying in the street most weekends as they have no yard to party in.  Its bad enough when there are rules because many ignore the rules until someone comes and enforces them, as in security guards.  When I lived in a place such as you describe, the neighbors RIGHT next door decided to keep roosters.  OMG that was loud and stinky.  At least there is some control in a subdivision with rules (although people still sneak in the odd rooster).

Keep in mind that the experiences I write about are in Liloan, Cebu and in Sibulan, near Dumaguete.  Location makes a difference.  You just may get lucky and have good neighbors. It does happen and I do wish you luck.

x

Having just moved to a gated community, but no security, I have realised how different that is to my home country.  It is a townhouse and only one Filipino family out of 8.  Mind you they seem quite nice people but the difference in the life styles is easily identifiable.  I had 2 roosters on the rear porth crowing all afternoon yesterday,but thankfully today both gone.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Having just moved to a gated community, but no security,

Scratching Head.jpg who controls the comings and goings Ron, I thought this was the whole Idea of gated communities or has the Security stopped for non payment of Dues?

russellmania
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Are they abandoned or just parked?

If they are just parked ask the owner politely if they could move it down a little so as you can reverse into the driveway.

That little white V-hire has not moved in 2 weeks and its has one or two flat tires. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, russellmania said:

That little white V-hire has not moved in 2 weeks and its has one or two flat tires. 

Sound like the one parked in front of my place that I have to drive around when I want to get out of my gate.  But he starts the engine and moves it 2 inches once a day.  Perhaps that is a requirement of the subdivision?  But the tires are still flat so he does not move it far.  Maybe he just likes to pretend he is driving but can't afford to fix the dang thing.  Its an eyesore as most of my other neighbors have brand new compact cars like the Suzuki Swift or similar.   Such a poor country but they can all afford 10K a month or more in car payments. :whistling:

• Haha 2