Pinoy Neighborhood Question?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mogo51 said:

x

I had 2 roosters on the rear porth crowing all afternoon yesterday,but thankfully today both gone.

Have they 'gone' in your oven? 😀

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

If your Barangay Kapitan is anything like ours he will be related to everyone in the barangay !

We have large folding gates at the front of our compound with 2 no parking signs on the gates

They still parked blocking the gates, that is until we got a new CCTV system with one Camera pointing

Down showing the road and our gates. Nobody parks there now.

barryneves
Posted
Posted

As JP states, you have to be careful what you complain about in a situation such as this. Albeit it reasonable, the repercussions can nevertheless snowball remarkably quickly if not handled extremely carefully. Hopefully a polite and friendly request will do the trick. Any form of complaint however, could be viewed as "arrogance" or cause the offender to take offence and you then have a potential enemy for the duration of your time there. I know it sounds petty, but that is the prevalent mind-set here unfortunately. A good example of this is our place: lovely neighbors in a very provincial non-gated setting. Two years ago, when we first moved here, we had a catered party to celebrate our daughter's 1st birthday. We invited all the surrounding neighbors but inadvertently missed one individual off the list. That lady took umbrage and it's taken two years so patch things up and get back on a friendly footing!!!

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg who controls the comings and goings Ron, I thought this was the whole Idea of gated communities or has the Security stopped for non payment of Dues?

The first thing I found out Jack is that it is not very well organised.  There is no community, no organised committee and no 'due'.  How that works I am not so sure, mainly it appears someone ends up doing something if it badly needs doing.  Only 8 properties, 7 Western owned, 1 Filipino (next to me), not a lot of harmony in the place.  But I have just arrived and will just sit and see what happens.

Even with 8 properties a committee is needed  and annual dues so that repairs etc can be done.  But not here to rock the boat for a good while. My Filipino neighbour and I just put in a new rear drain and shared the costs.  Fact of the matter is, the people in his house ie his family caused the drain to be blocked so bad it was like concrete, but it needed fixing, so I approached him and we got it done, now all good.

Can understand your state of confusion Jack, but TIP.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Can understand your state of confusion Jack, but TIP.

Not so much Confusion Ron as Understanding the thinking of Developers and Costs :89:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

This situation reminds of the saying "You can only make a first impression once", in this case if you complain it would quickly spread in the barangay that you are a foreigner who complains a great deal. If you have a filipina SO ask her for advice on how to resolve the issue. In this case you are doing your due diligence so you can always move on to another property that is a better fit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

My landlords leasing agent is the one assigned to help me with the move in. He contacted the owner of the garage 3 times already and the owner refused. So the next step he told me today is that he will go to the barangay capt to request the drivable car to be booted. And he will contact Traffic Enforcement to come and access the parking situation. The owner of the black car doesn't even live in the cul de sac,I saw her exit her car and walk to the main street and turned left! Notice the Lapu Lapu police jail vans and why bring them all the way to guadalupe to get repaired?

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, russellmania said:

The owner of the black car doesn't even live in the cul de sac,I saw her exit her car and walk to the main street and turned left!

If a filipino did not like her parking there then her tires would be flat when she came back.  But I guess the boot is just as good.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, russellmania said:

My landlords leasing agent is the one assigned to help me with the move in. He contacted the owner of the garage 3 times already and the owner refused. So the next step he told me today is that he will go to the barangay capt to request the drivable car to be booted. And he will contact Traffic Enforcement to come and access the parking situation. The owner of the black car doesn't even live in the cul de sac,I saw her exit her car and walk to the main street and turned left! Notice the Lapu Lapu police jail vans and why bring them all the way to guadalupe to get repaired?

As I read the OP's posts and the responses from experienced members the clincher/immediate decision for me would be be to find another property. Russell, sorry to be blunt and it may be a nice position etc. but if it doesn't suit what you want because of the peripherals then move on as you are the newcomer and like me an alien to boot, we ain't going to get a look in and at this level and appears trivial to the neighbours let alone the Barangay Captain who is busy enough dealing with He said/She said important b**ches.

Before you sign the lease if you are happy with the potential property, approach the neighbour with the offending chattel, explain that you are new to the area and considering your particular property and that you have a larger vehicle that needs access, would it be possible to relocate his/her property to accomodate all our needs? A face to face neighbourly approach wins every time, spare the time to compliment the surrounds, your, the offending culprits house, slowly and tactfully and you will be the nice foreigner and they will be your friends, only my experience but rings true to any country or culture.

Good luck with your decisions and prospective abode.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, russellmania said:

The owner of the black car doesn't even live in the cul de sac,I saw her exit her car and walk to the main street and turned left!

Notice the Lapu Lapu police jail vans and why bring them all the way to guadalupe to get repaired?

Have you tried leaving a note on the black car? Something to the effect that parking is for residents only or there is no parking there. Ask your SO to write it in Bisaya. 

As to the jail van - The gov has no budget for repairs (or it’s used for Red Horse) and the jail is in Guadalupe. The inmates there do repairs in exchange for favors - mostly extra food rations. 

• Like 2