Philippine land line number over Internet?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Many are familiar with the Magic Jack which will allow you to have a US phone number that you access through Voice Over Internet Protocol.

What I want is a Philippine landline number that can be accessed in a similar way over the Internet without having any landline.  Possible?  If so how?

Reason:  I want to dump my PLDT landline and Internet and replace it with SkyCable Internet.  Some businesses still prefer to use landline and they give a certain "status" to customers who have a landline.  Its weird but it happens.  Some examples:  My bank will not give me access to online banking unless they can contact me via landline.  LBC sent me a text to say a package will be delivered today, do not reply, for any questions call this landline number.  Etc etc

I know I can use a cell phone to contact a landline but it costs 7 1/2 pesos per minute and if I am low on load that can be a lot.  I can use Skype but it costs more: (Skype to Philippine Landline Call Rates 8.9 pesos per minute + 6.6 pesos connection fee)  I have not looked into getting a virtual Philippine landline number via Skype.  Is that possible?  I want to have a virtual landline number that business' can call me at in Philippines.  Can it be done and how?

Castaway
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want but maybe it is:

https://freezvon.com/

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Castaway said:

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want but maybe it is:

It may be close, but I took a quick look and it would only give me a Manila number.  I need a number that is a local call from Dumaguete.  But thanks for the effort.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It may be close, but I took a quick look and it would only give me a Manila number.  I need a number that is a local call from Dumaguete.  But thanks for the effort.

When I was in Spain I use Skype all the time to talk to "A" on mobile or landline, It is quite easy to set up and really is as cheap as chips.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

When I was in Spain I use Skype all the time to talk to "A" on mobile or landline, It is quite easy to set up and really is as cheap as chips.

And skype also sell 'landline' numbers which can be phoned on a normal landline number. I have one in the UK. I know they have that facility in many countries. Possibly with all the OFW's it may also be available in phils.

Alternatively SONETEL do something similar https://sonetel.com/en/services/phone-numbers/

Ken

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

And skype also sell 'landline' numbers . . .

Alternatively SONETEL

Thanks for the info.  I had looked at Skype and I see they provide landline numbers in many countries except Philippines.  Looks like Sonetel is the same.  The problem seems to be with Philippines legal restrictions rather than the companies.  Here is the info from SONETEL

Virtual LandLine.jpg

Seems like I will have to give to do further research or just give up on this idea.  At a guess, I'd say that PLDT has a practical monopoly and wants to minimize competition. 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

PLDT

6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

At a guess, I'd say that PLDT has a practical monopoly and wants to minimize competition. 

I am not sure if all know this but the PLDT Logo is the Name 'PHILIPPINES LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONES' so that sounds about right what Dave "H" has posted  :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

http://www.netvoice.com.ph/index.php

Also I read sky partnered with BayanTel (Globe)for voip. Talk to Sky.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Also I read sky partnered with BayanTel (Globe)for voip. Talk to Sky.

That would work great.  I will look into it further and if it goes anywhere will report back.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have a Little known telephone company in Dumaguete call "Cruz" communications, Worth looking into for land lines. The office is down by LTO on the Corner :smile:

• Thanks 1