Yeehaa!!! Retired today!!

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Fantastic news. I wish you the best in your new chapter of life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Well, I finally got there.  Saturday 30th September 2017.  Retirement Day.  :smile:

4 months short of 30 years working for British Telecom (BT).   No more working outside in all weathers, no more dragging through the London traffic in my BT van.

We all know the old saying  "Is a glass half empty or half full?"  Well, for me today my glass is overflowing with joy, bring it on.  The Philippines and all that it holds, good and bad will be my new home.   Can't wait to be there!!!

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Hello Eddie,

Wow, 30 years of the same old rat race?  At least pat yourself in the back for surviving that long.  I will assume that you will be getting a healthy pension and now you can enjoy not only a full glass but you can always re-fill it.....he, he.  

Now, onto a new adventure in your life and I'm sure Noime will welcome you to a honeymoon that would last for a lifetime.  And besides that, a good opportunity to make more babies....he, he.

Well done my friend!  Sunsets and sunrises with a cold beer and a warm companion by your side.....oooh ya!

Most respectfully Jake

Relax mode.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

Well, I finally got there.  Saturday 30th September 2017.  Retirement Day.  :smile:

4 months short of 30 years working for British Telecom (BT).   No more working outside in all weathers, no more dragging through the London traffic in my BT van.

Today I woke with a smile, to be honest since I had my retirement confirmed 2 weeks ago my own little world has been a happy place to be.  In the past 4 years since my ex broke our marriage life has been challenging and to be honest, often quite lonely.

BUT THAT WAS THEN AND NOW IS NOW!!

I am SO looking forward to the next chapter of my life.  I truly cannot wait to be in the Philippines, to meet Noime again, its been 1.5 years since we were last together.  I know that there will be challenging days ahead, after all it is the Phils, Lol,  but in my opinion it's far better to have them challenging days relaxing in the sun on the beach or amongst friends having a beer or two on the boulevard.  I was in Dumaguete last year and also the previous year, I have a few friends there already plus I also count our own forum members living there as friends, hopefully the friendships will grow in strength.   Steve (Always RT) was living a couple of doors away from me last year at Hermogina Apartments and I also had the pleasure of meeting DaveH, Jack and Kev for a beer down on the boulevard, I am really looking forward to meeting them all again asap, plus I believe Davewe has also joined them.  Hopefully the boys monthly meeting will have grown from 3 to 6, Lol.

There has only been one  big negative in this move for me, I had to give up my dog Smudge, an adorable old Cocker Spaniel I had since he was just a puppy, he will be 13 years old next week. Very sad.... but it is what it is, it had to be done.

We all know the old saying  "Is a glass half empty or half full?"  Well, for me today my glass is overflowing with joy, bring it on.  The Philippines and all that it holds, good and bad will be my new home.   Can't wait to be there!!!

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Great news and good luck for your future too, hopefully i will be following soon.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I truly enjoy reading this great news Ed!

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Good luck Eddie hope it all works out.

Hope its all up to speed excuse the pun.....JB

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Yeah!!!!! Do you have a flight yet? Holy crap has it been 1 1/2 years already!?!?!?! WOW... Funny how time works, from the perspective of when we were neighbors it has been a long wait, from the perspective of today it seems like yesterday.

I know you have a place waiting for you already, is Noime here or is she waiting for your arrival? If she gets here before you we can drop by or meet her somewhere and introduce her to my wife so she doesn't feel 'alone'.

Congratulations and see you soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well done Eddie.see yah soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We should have a special topic for those who retire or those who decide to make the move! 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

CONGRATULATIONS!

It is an interesting coincidence that we spent September 30 celebrating "11 Years Retired" with a friend who retired 11 years ago on Sept 30.  So it shows you there is a GREAT life after retirement.  He is, of course, living a great and happy life here in Dumaguete and we all look forward to celebrating many retirement anniversary's with you :7500:. Its going to be a long, happy, fun time for you from now on.  You made it!  Good choice coming to Dumaguete.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1