Has anyone ventured into owning a business or working in phil? Is it possible? What are the implications?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

I was hoping she could of started a business and me just help out to keep busy

You can always find ways to keep busy.  I can't figure out how I ever had time to work :hystery:  But keeping busy while actually making some cash is the hard thing.  Most who are on a tourist visa do online things based in other countries, like teaching English. So far I have not heard anyone getting raked over the coals by D.O.L.E. for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Great advice and help as always @Dave Hounddriver

I envisage that I’ll find enough mental stimulation from a hobby etc anyway but just listening to some of you wiser guys on here already living the life to implement the best plan for myself 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Thanks Guys, 

Highlights a few stumbling blocks for me then. 

The easiest way seems to be the 13A way but that isn’t possible with my gf being married still and waiting for the government to pass the divorce bill hopefully before my plans in 3 years come into fruition. 

Don't hold your breath on that ever happening in our lifetimes

• Like 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Seems so @Gary D are you in same boat? How do you go about it? 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Seems so @Gary D are you in same boat? How do you go about it? 

No, 22 years married to a Filipina. There's been talk all of that time that the Philippines should move into the 20th centry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

😆😆 crazy so it is 😀

bows00
Posted
Posted
On 10/2/2017 at 3:28 AM, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Further to suggestions that 35 would be too early to retire in Philippines in regards to the boredom regard.

I don't think age matters.  Heck, I am 56 and planning to retire there in March.  This is my number one dilemma also,  how am I going to keep busy?  It also doesn't matter how much money I will have, without a sense of purpose, I think I will go bonkers, or hit the bottle way too early.  

My original plan was to attend a college there and take some classes for the sake of learning, but it's different from the conditions here in the US.  The students at the Universities I visited seem a bit more immature, and there were no other older guy to be seen.  

Still work in progress for me.  Let me know when you figured it out.  

• Like 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

I’m going out in November so I’ll be a bit wiser to comment after my month visit.

I had no issues keeping busy in thailand but retiring there at 35 is not really an option. I believe there new scheme is for 50k plus.

From what I see retirement at35 is best in phil at present using SRRV Route 🙄

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

From what I see retirement at35 is best in phil at present using SRRV Route 🙄

I believed at first that you are too young for that Route but now I have found this that may help so maybe you are ok at 35, anyway have a read;

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Jack:smile:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Good morning @Jack Peterson and all,

Thanks a lot buddy 😊, this is what I’ve been looking into. The smile option being the best one for me I think.

Judging by what most say, don’t get a condo not at least until your sure for the long term you want to live in that specific location as you won’t get your investment financially back as it’s hard to sell in most cases?

The smile option at least gives me a way out with no great loss providing I got my money back from whatever bank I invest in upon cancellation.

The only other country willing to house me at this age cheaply with no big collateral is Cambodia 🙄

Thanks 

• Like 1