This one takes the Biscuit (Photo call!) in a Silliman CR

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Apparently, Yesterday, my Princess (tm) dropped her phone into a WC. Now as it happens there was not a lot of Water in it she tells us BUT there could have been so before fishing it out she shouts for a camera cos this is Funny for FB. Yeah! very funny at 18.000 peso for this piece of equipment but it's ok if Ma can't fix it Dad will get me another. confused-man.png Strange that I had not been told about this until I saw it on the page my wife was looking at last night.

phone in toilet.jpg

Now there is a more serious side to this. Have a close look at the  WC and its lack of maintenance and lack of a Seat . Yes it is all about Money and for Silliman  University at 55.000+ peso per year fees for Senior High I think the CR issue here  phone photo.jpg  is Disgraceful.

My rant for today I hope    :508:       :smile: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
Edited the Title to explain it better
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well Jack I think that deserved a good rant. I can only imagine how much better you must feel now. That is until you get the bill for a new phone. And a toilet seat.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So that is a toilet in Silliman?  Not up to the quality I expected.  I hope she put the phone immediately into a bag of dry rice.  I have known people to do that and the rice absorbs the water and salvages the phone.

To be fair, teenagers are teenagers all over the world.  If we are lucky they grow out of it :mellow:

Sometimes its good to have a rant, but all's well that ends well.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So that is a toilet in Silliman?  Not up to the quality I expected.  I hope she put the phone immediately into a bag of dry rice.  I have known people to do that and the rice absorbs the water and salvages the phone.

Exactly my view too thank you for the Remark:smile: Yes it was put into Dry Rice and I have heard no Moans this morning so hopefully all is well

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes it was put into Dry Rice and I have heard no Moans this morning so hopefully all is well

Cooked tonight I hope. Don't like to see rice wasted. :smile:

• Haha 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)

You may always go to the fruit store and purchase her a apple, I have heard the apple 8 is in season and very delicious. That is if the rice thingy does not produce the drying results one expects.

Edited by canadamale
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Just an aside about toilet seats and the Philippines, or there lack of. A toilet seat is nothing to do with hygiene, it's to keep the cold porcelain from your backside. The porcelain in the Philippines is not cold ergo no seat. Also it is unsafe when yiu squat on the bowl.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Interview your daughter about her toilet protocol. Girls are taught in the Philippines to "hover" above the bowl. No direct contact with the bowl is cleaner with or without a seat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Apparently, Yesterday, my Princess (tm) dropped her phone into a WC. Now as it happens there was not a lot of Water in it she tells us BUT there could have been so before fishing it out she shouts for a camera cos this is Funny for FB. Yeah! very funny at 18.000 peso for this piece of equipment but it's ok if Ma can't fix it Dad will get me another. confused-man.png Strange that I had not been told about this until I saw it on the page my wife was looking at last night.

phone in toilet.jpg

Now there is a more serious side to this. Have a close look at the  WC and its lack of maintenance and lack of a Seat . Yes it is all about Money and for Silliman  University at 55.000+ peso per year fees for Senior High I think the CR issue here  phone photo.jpg  is Disgraceful.

Sorry jack but I should not laugh, but it is funny, the pictures that is.

• Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

phone in toilet.jpg

That CR seems about the norm here.

• Like 1