Death at 61

Castaway
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Guys as we age must pay attention to diet and exercise more so than before, at least my view.

Agreed!

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Sorry you have lost a friend RBM,  never easy when that happens.  Of course you are right about diet and exercise being important.

I try to swim for 1/2 an hour most days, do some aerobic exercises in the pool  have back problems.

Lately, we bought a 'Nutra bullet' knock off and it is fantstic, fraction of the price via Lazada.  We have fruit and vege smoothies most days, makes great soups.  Have lost 6kgs in 2 months, feeling pretty good.  Gone from size 40 to  36. which is what I was 10 years ago, lightest I have been for that time also.

Just a tip for members who may be looking to lose a little weight.  

Hope your friend gets a decent burial.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

whom will pay funeral expenses is unknown, perhaps American Embassy, doubtful family will contribute.

Condolences for the loss of a friend.

I have seen this situation a time or five.  Sometimes all "friends" just disappear and I have no idea what happens to the body.  Other times the local expats throw a 1,000 each into the hat.  You can have a minimalist funeral here for 20K if he has any friends at all. I have contributed to a few but only to the people I know at least a little bit.

I have never seen the US embassy contribute a dime to a funeral so good luck with that.  Often there are relatives from "back home" who will help a little.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1