terror attack Edmonton

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Again a so called lone wolf www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-don-iveson-terrorism. Another one so close to home, I have a daughter and 3 grandsons living in Edmonton. Says the police had him on there radar in 2015. Isis flag in his car and out to kill. The Israeli response, go after the family , taken further, denounce there citizenship, conviscate there home buisnesses up to the seventh generation. Harsh yes and unrealistic in Canada but what else do we do? The police cannot protect us from this plaque. Not the way they are doing it now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, canadamale said:

The police cannot protect us from this plaque. Not the way they are doing it now. 

Sad days all around :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, canadamale said:

in Canada but what else do we do?

That sad thing is that Somalian refugees have been entering Edmonton Intentional Airport for over a decade and the people working at customs and immigration KNOW that some of them are terrorists but they cannot racially profile so they have been quietly letting them in, KNOWING that something like this was bound to happen but Canadian laws do not allow for preemptive action.  I know this because my father and brother worked there and would talk about it many years ago.

. . . had come to the country from Somalia trying to claim refugee status, police revealed.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)

The part I find most disturbing is we keep letting refugees in, with little or no checks on them. Not that any amount of background checks are going to keep terrorism from occurring. The same arguments are said over and over and then some more innocent people ae killed or maimed. Since the terrorists are claiming the Muslim religion as there rallying cry then muslims will have to do the heavy lifting and purge there ranks. If they are unable or unwilling to I fear we are in for a long long season of more attacks, before the population says enough is enough and votes a government in that will attach the problem, suspend rights, arrest without warrant, close the borders and deport, what ever it takes,{ sounds Donald Trump like]. With our political process the way it is, not very likely, we would need a very popular leader with a large majority in parliament and balls the size of PEI [Prince Edward Island]. I wonder if we can borrow Duterte for a season.

Edited by canadamale
spelling

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

This might be a long post, bear with me, I need to set the stage, the attached u tube clip is a scene is from the political  show the west wing (great show) it was based loosely on the Clinton white house and a lot of Clinton people were advisors on it. So for the most part it leans more towards the liberal point of view. This episode kame out not long after 9-11. It made a lot of sense to me then, and it still does, and this one has always stuck with me. Oh if you haven't seen the show, it is pretty good, great acting and dialogue, no matter what your political leanings.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, canadamale said:

Another one so close to home, I have a daughter and 3 grandsons living in Edmonton.

Life is strange.  I don't know anyone who was hurt in the Edmonton terror incident, although I also have daughters and grandchildren living there.

What is strange is that my friend had a relative from Valleyview who was killed in Las Vegas during that terror incident.  There's just no getting away from it.  Its not even terror any more, its daily life.  Assholes are out there killing innocent people to get their jollies and covering their actions with whatever kind of lunatic cause is the order of the day.

canadamale
Posted
Posted

seems as if  the killer was supposed to be deported from the USA in 2012. He went on the lam and surfaced in Canada. Where he was given refugee status??????http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-attacks-refugee-screening-1.4326952

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

What is the world coming to.I feel it is time to send them all back no excuses as in reality other people in their group know what they are up to and do nothing.So sad.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

When he was refused refuge status in the USA and put on a deport order from same. Should not of the Canadian authorities arrested him and send him back to the USA when he surfaced in Canada? Crazy crazy world we live in.