Location ideas to recce for settling near Davao City?

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Looking for ideas of places to recce (visit first) for potential places to settle?

Near davao due to it being near gfs family.

personal preferences if possible = 15 mins plus away from busy city life but close enough to travel in to get basic amenities.

Safe, good scenery, affordable and good internet connection? 

Would consider suggestions outwith of Davao City but will base the search closer to gf family first.

TIA

😀

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

One recommentation but not cheap will be a location near the Eden Mountain Resort. Nice climate, quiet and good view. But you need to own a car there.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Looking for ideas of places to recce (visit first) for potential places to settle?

Near davao due to it being near gfs family.

personal preferences if possible = 15 mins plus away from busy city life but close enough to travel in to get basic amenities.

Safe, good scenery, affordable and good internet connection? 

Would consider suggestions outwith of Davao City but will base the search closer to gf family first.

TIA

😀

Give Member I am Bob a PM as this is his Stomping Ground, You could do worse! @i am bob

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks buddy @Jack Peterson 😉

• Like 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks @Dr. Shiva is there a name of the town to search? Wouldn’t want to pay more than 20k per month really 

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Thanks @Dr. Shiva is there a name of the town to search? Wouldn’t want to pay more than 20k per month really 

You have to google "Eden Mountain Resort" and "Real Estate". It is not easy to find lots or, even more difficult, rentals. For the latter one you will have probably check the area on your own.

• Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Ok Thankyou @Dr. Shiva

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hehe!  Yeah, Eden is the wrong side of Davao for you...  If anyone is interested in going there, leave Davao on the MacArthur Highway going south...  When you get to the main intersection in Toril, go one more short block and turn right...  DON'T MISS THE BEND or you'll be calling me asking me where you are...  (I'm on the river about 4 blocks from where you are lost...  Hehe!). As for the OP, he wants to go the other way out of Davao...  We've talked about this...  ;)

• Like 2

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Yes can confirm I’ve spoken to @i am bob and what a great help he’s been! Top guy! Thanks 

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)

If the other side of Davao what's about Carmen? It lies between Davao and Tagum City. There are many buses available to Davao or Tagum.

Edited by Dr. Shiva