Location ideas to recce for settling near Davao City?

i am bob
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Yes can confirm I’ve spoken to @i am bob and what a great help he’s been! Top guy! Thanks 

He lies..!!!  I am not..!!!  

• Haha 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dr. Shiva said:

If the other side of Davao what's about Carmen? It lies between Davao and Tagum City.

Tagum would actually be the better choice...  A couple malls, a pretty good public market, and the place is made to get people out and about..!  Short bus ride into town - and a van isn't much more for cost...  Hmm..  have to check the van terminal in Davao...  Victoria Mall?  Not sure...  

The problem with Carmen is lack of facilities...

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

There is also Panabo City. Nearer to Tagum City than to Davao but still just one bus ride away from both cities.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

:popcorn: (Getting educated about where I live.)

• Haha 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JDDavao said:

:popcorn: (Getting educated about where I live.)

Do you live in Panabo City?

I guess so because of your response. 

Anyway you live in the Davao region. Can I ask you some questions about the region please?

Edited by Dr. Shiva

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Do you live in Panabo City?

I guess so because of your response. 

Anyway you live in the Davao region. Can I ask you some questions about the region please?

I live in Davao City, not far from Toril. I'm (apparently :smile: ) nowhere near as knowledgeable about the area as the other members that have been helping you but I'll answer what I can, sure.

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I live in Davao City, not far from Toril. I'm (apparently :smile: ) nowhere near as knowledgeable about the area as the other members that have been helping you but I'll answer what I can, sure.

Ok. I was the last time in Davao at year 2009. What did changed since then in Davao? Is it still clean? (But some areas in streetview looks somewhat messy.)

A document from year 2011 shows planned improvements till 2017 or 2018. These are a bridge between Samal and Sasa, reorganizing the jeepney routes and using route numbers and coloring on them,  inventing a bus rapid transport or an LRT, some more malls and improved waste management (water and garbage.)

What is realized of these all? I believe only the malls.

6 hours ago, JDDavao said:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Ok. I was the last time in Davao at year 2009. What did changed since then in Davao? Is it still clean? (But some areas in streetview looks somewhat messy.)

A document from year 2011 shows planned improvements till 2017 or 2018. These are a bridge between Samal and Sasa, reorganizing the jeepney routes and using route numbers and coloring on them,  inventing a bus rapid transport or an LRT, some more malls and improved waste management (water and garbage.)

What is realized of these all? I believe only the malls.

Davao is still clean. I see people sweeping along the main thoroughfares. Off the mains, there has been some improvement in my area with added centralized garbage/recycling bins but littering is ingrained and has not abated.

From your list, I believe only the new malls have been realized but I stick to just three or four and so can't tell you where the new ones might be. 

I will say that there has been a citywide push for widening roads and adding new drainage/sidewalks. This results in new water mains being added under the pavement and utility poles being replaced and relocated. Coming home in a downpour along some newly installed drainage on McCarthur, however, showed that a lot of the new drainage is nearly useless against flooding. At least as it is now. Maybe there's a final connection that needs to be made yet.

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted (edited)

Samal is also a good choice if you want a place near the beach.

I would love to suggest Marilog district, but since you're are foreigner, hmm nevermind.

Edited by frozenmystic28
  • Sad 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Davao is still clean. I see people sweeping along the main thoroughfares. Off the mains, there has been some improvement in my area with added centralized garbage/recycling bins but littering is ingrained and has not abated.

From your list, I believe only the new malls have been realized but I stick to just three or four and so can't tell you where the new ones might be. 

I will say that there has been a citywide push for widening roads and adding new drainage/sidewalks. This results in new water mains being added under the pavement and utility poles being replaced and relocated. Coming home in a downpour along some newly installed drainage on McCarthur, however, showed that a lot of the new drainage is nearly useless against flooding. At least as it is now. Maybe there's a final connection that needs to be made yet.

Thank you for your response. It seems many new malls are constructed in Toril, Buhangin and in the centrum. The real estate prices started to climb very fast in the last few years. :(