The Blacklist

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, James Berry said:

I have never been to the Philippines. I met my fiance about a year ago online. I do think about the relationship a lot  I have never really done a formal check on her. I am not sure how to go about that. Although she appears to be genuine. 

If you've never been to the Philippines why would you be on a Philippines immigration blacklist? No you wont be unless you have been here and broke the law so to  answer your question no need to worry about a blacklist but on the other side if you have been convicted in your own country of crimes like raping children you will most likely be turned back at the Philippines airport as these days information is shared between authorities. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

There is a James Barry living in Idaho Falls who is currently listed as a registered sex offender.  If you are that individual the following may answer help answer your question.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/364303/immigration-bureau-registered-sex-offenders-barred-from-entering-phl/story/

Foreigners who are registered sex offenders in their home countries will be denied entry to the Philippines as they are deemed a threat to public safety, the Bureau of Immigration said Thursday.

In a statement, Immigration chief Siegfred Mison said any alien found to be in the registry of sex offenders will be issued an order to leave.

On the other hand, registered sex offenders who managed to enter the Philippines will be "ordered to leave within 15 days," and their names will be included on the Immigration blacklist.

Among the sex offenders recently arrested in the Philippines are:

American Robert Snyder, 67, who was arrested in Dumaguete City last May 17 by BI agents and US law enforcers. Snyder had been a fugitive for 10 years in connection with a sex assault case. He has been deported.
five fugitives accused of rape and child molestation in their homeland were deported simultaneously by BI after their passports were revoked by authorities last February.

Mison said that if the foreign registered sex offender holds a visa other than a temporary visitor visa, the legal division shall commence forfeiture proceedings against him or her.

The visa forfeiture order shall include the order to leave with blacklisting.

Should the alien registered sex offender fail to comply with the order to leave, the BI legal division will initiate deportation proceedings.

"The BI shall ensure that the relevant immigration information of the registered sex offender shall be attached to the travel records, alien registration records and derogatory records, and the same will be part of the sex offender file," the Immigration statement added.

Also in the statement, Mison ordered that once the BI receives information about a registered sex offender, the office of the commissioner or other BI offices will endorse the offender's file to the BI legal division within 24 hours from receipt of the letter or records from authorized personnel of a foreign embassy.

Within 48 hours from receipt of the sex offender file, the legal division shall draft an order directing the offender's inclusion in the BI blacklist

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

There is a James Barry living in Idaho Falls who is currently listed as a registered sex offender.  If you are that individual the following may answer help answer your question.

I am Sure/Hope this James is not that guy BUT the very Fact he bears the same name may well bring a HIT. As many of us know our NBI applications (Where needed) can be HIT because of Similar/ Same names

Just a thought G & G's

I would have thought a Police/ FBI clearance from Home would be of benefit here?  @James Berry

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As many of us know our NBI applications (Where needed) can be HIT because of Similar/ Same names

That is for sure.  I think I mentioned in another thread how I was fingerprinted and questioned by a detective because a person with my name is wanted on multiple charges and also wanted in connection with a homicide. :Caught:

• Like 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Mike J said:

That is for sure.  I think I mentioned in another thread how I was fingerprinted and questioned by a detective because a person with my name is wanted on multiple charges and also wanted in connection with a homicide. :Caught:

That's definitely much worse than what happened to me!

I was told that I was on on Interpol's most wanted list for drug violations.:omg:

Fortunately, I was able to convince the Interpol agents that I was innocent... and I was cleared by NBI in the same day.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Having read and retread all posts including your post, are you really asking in a sly way, can you check up on her, answer no, boots on the ground and find out for yourself.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Clermont said:

are you really asking in a sly way, can you check up on her,

Scratching Head.jpg I can see where you are on this but  How would finding out about his Immigration status help him in any way with  What the lady is/has been up to, Of course he could get her to provide a Barangay Clearance and/or an NBI clearance, Even a Police Clearance. Of course, he could also request she gets her cenomar (Which she will need in due course) all these will throw up light but nothing would be gained from His Status. :thumbsup:

Just saying:wink: 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, James Berry said:

I have never been to the Philippines. I met my fiance about a year ago online. I do think about the relationship a lot  I have never really done a formal check on her. I am not sure how to go about that. Although she appears to be genuine. 

That's the part that I was referring to, Jack.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Clermont said:

That's the part that I was referring to, Jack.

Yes I had forgotten this part I have to Admit, anyway there is always FB, that normally throws a couple of red Flags if digging deep about friends and family and the way some people think.

Having said all we have and the Advice and information I tend to think in the Absence of any replies from him we may have frightened  him off. Sometimes this happens, he never said too much and I do sit and wonder "Is this for real?" @James Berry

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Also she has to front the NBI with birth certificate and they take a photo of her before they release any info.

i agree he might be trying to check up on her, but  the blacklist is not the way to do it, it will only draw attention to him. 

• Like 1