Wearing watches ( as a daily issue)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:89: I was not sure where to put this at First but in the story lies a local or 2 so not to keep it exclusively to either us and them  :shades: (term used loosely) but a question at the end. I put it here under culture. mainly because it seems some of the culture is getting reversed.

Now we can and have all moaned about Filipino Time management but I am noticing more and more Locals wearing a watch so one has to wonder why the bad management of time. (usually late comes to mind) Yet Westerners, us (the Foreigner from the West mainly not other Asians) seem to be wearing them less and less.

I smile now:smile: because I sit and think (Yes!) if we get so het up about Time (Although most are Retired here so no need to worry about time all the time) why don't I for one, wear a watch. I have had 5 watches since I came full time and each can't be mended for whatever reason, So I gave up

My Question is how many of us now wear a watch daily? If you do Why? (Do you have a date or important appointment :wub: or :56da64a413b01_3_12_311:  :whistling:

Jack:mellow:

Morning all:photo-109:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The only time I wear a watch is Sunday when I go to church or when we go to Cebu City.  In the USA you always have "appointments" and need to wear a watch, here pretty much everything is first come, first served.  But my father-in-law who is 84 wears a watch every day!:e3358:  Must to be a status thing as he has no need to ever know the time and I can't say that I have ever seen him check the time.  Interesting side note - I have found that with the days here basically being the same length the entire year, my internal "what time is it" seems to be far more accurate than when I lived in the USA.  Not uncommon for me to estimate the current time, check my phone and find I am off by 10 minutes or less.  

Castaway
Posted
Posted

I wear my one and only watch everyday for two reasons:

giphy.gif

(1)   My Casio G-Shock is considered to be a very expensive watch in my parts (even though I see it as being thrifty), so I show it off as a status symbol.

(2)   It helps me keep track of my extended family’s tardiness... and believe it or not, (ever since my SO gifted it to me), my extended family members are now ready 5 minutes early whenever they have a set time to do something with me. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

To me My friend, that is a mugging waiting to happen 

Maybe so... but I'd rather have them take my $100 watch than take my wallet. :smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Castaway said:

Maybe so... but I'd rather have them take my $100 watch than take my wallet. :smile:

Beware they don't take Both, Fight too much they  may take your Life.  It happens and it is happening more and more and just of late frequently

Each to our own :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Beware they don't take Both, Fight too much they  may take your Life.  It happens and it is happening more and more and just of late frequently

Each to our own :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

There will be no fighting from me my friend since my watch and money ain't worth my life.  :thumbsup:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Castaway said:

I wear my one and only watch everyday for two reasons:

giphy.gif

(1)   My Casio G-Shock is considered to be a very expensive watch in my parts (even though I see it as being thrifty), so I show it off as a status symbol.

(2)   It helps me keep track of my extended family’s tardiness... and believe it or not, (ever since my SO gifted it to me), my extended family members are now ready 5 minutes early whenever they have a set time to do something with me. :smile:

G-shocks are highly regarded in the Phils. My wife had a white one when I met her there. She was very proud of it.

Me I wear a watch whenever I leave the house.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got her older brother a blue faced Invicta for Christmas. I think he will love it. He deserves it, good guy, treated me like a brother. Even took me fishing.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

My Question is how many of us now wear a watch daily? If you do Why?

So many responses in such a short time :hystery: (yes pun intended).

I wear a watch.  I have worn the same watch for decades and I feel naked without it.  Just like my socks that go with my sandals (for the purists I seldom wear sandals but always wear socks :whistling: ).  Just like a shirt and pants.  And if I am going out during the sunny part of the day and I will be walking about then I want my hat.  THAT is fully dressed, to me.

I would stop wearing a watch if it was breaking and needing frequent replacement.  I would stop wearing a watch if it did not keep accurate time as my cell phone keeps extremely accurate time.  But this watch has been good to me and was "top of the line" 40 years ago and still works a treat.  Once every couple of years I take it into the Seiko shop at Ayala Mall for a cleaning and a new battery and she's good to go again.

• Like 4