Wearing watches ( as a daily issue)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Castaway said:

There will be no fighting from me my friend since my watch and money ain't worth my life.  :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Reboot said:

G-shocks are highly regarded in the Phils.

Yet my friend as member Reeboot says they are highly regarded (G-Shocks) do you not think maybe you are Advertising this Status Symbol as a come and get me.

I have no wish to offend you or prolong this line of Postings but How many times have we said be Low key and never flash your stuff when out.

Just saying my friend :wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yet my friend as member Reeboot says they are highly regarded (G-Shocks) do you not think maybe you are Advertising this Status Symbol as a come and get me.

I have no wish to offend you or prolong this line of Postings but How many times have we said be Low key and never flash your stuff when out.

Just saying my friend :wink:

Agreed...but I didn't wear a G-shock when I am in the phils. But I wore a watch... I guess maybe I tempted the devil...watch, thick gold chain with a crucifix...

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I haven't worn a watch for over 20 years. I don't have a clock in the house either, with enough devices I have with the time/date etc what is the point. I understand that watches are quite often fashion accessories for some people, everybody has their personal reasons for wearing or not wearing them.

As for Filipinos and watches, I believe they are all set at 'soon' regarding their timekeeping :smile:

• Haha 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I haven't worn a watch for over 20 years. I don't have a clock in the house either, with enough devices I have with the time/date etc what is the point. I understand that watches are quite often fashion accessories for some people, everybody has their personal reasons for wearing or not wearing them.

As for Filipinos and watches, I believe they are all set at 'soon' regarding their timekeeping :smile:

I was beginning to think I was the only one, been about 20 years for me also. Cellphone has the time, computer has the time, and I have nothing but time. I don't usually schedule a time to do something, preferring to go when 'it's about time'.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've a few watches including a very expensive one but I can't stand wearing them. Time to me is just a reference point as since retiring I've very rarely been held to a certain time. I wake up when I want and go to bed when I want. If someone wants to meet up with me it's usually at " about x o'clock." My phone and laptop has the time on it so I have a quick glimpse at the time now and again but for no apparent reason.

As for the G Shock watch I think like Rolex you are pretty safe wearing them here as most of the locals have ones that must have fell of the back of a truck. I can't walk more than a few hundred metres here without being offered one for sale. All genuine copies obviously.

• Like 3

Castaway
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

As for the G Shock watch I think like Rolex you are pretty safe wearing them here as most of the locals have ones that must have fell of the back of a truck. I can't walk more than a few hundred metres here without being offered one for sale. All genuine copies obviously.

So, I'll be guessing now that I am safe. :89:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Castaway said:

So, I'll be guessing now that I am safe. :89:

As long as you are heard commenting 'I wish it was real hahaha'

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have had the same watch since 1997, a Citizen, titanium, Eco-Dive. I wore it daily here for 4 years (if people knew it was a $700 watch they might mug me for it ha ha).  Now I have a Xiaomi Mi Band 2, a fitness band.  My Citizen looked nicer, but the fitness band fits my life better now. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Some of you guys have no style.

• Haha 3