Wearing watches ( as a daily issue)

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I was never mugged for it, and have never seen anyone mugged for a watch

I never felt unsafe wearing my Citizen.  If anyone is going to grab anything, it would most likely be a phone, not a watch. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The topic was never about the Theft of a watch it was really just about do any of us wear one, The Part that seems now to have taken over the Topic about theft came about only because a poster was saying he had a nice one but only wore it as a status Symbol which is as I am sure the one thing to attract attention. Maybe I should Start a Topic on Phones especially Smart phones that I see many of just lay glorifying Bar/Resto Tables  by both the local and us (The foreigner) just waiting for someone to ring, I mean, it may be that all important call most are waiting for  but never comes because someone has nipped of with the Phone:mellow:

Just my thoughts on how a Topic can get turned:wink:

Castaway
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe I should Start a Topic on Phones especially Smart phones that I see many of just lay glorifying Bar/Resto Tables  by both the local and us (The foreigner) just waiting for someone to ring, I mean, it may be that all important call most are waiting for  but never comes because someone has nipped of with the Phone:mellow:

A good idea for another topic since Expats seem to have more expensive Smart phones than what the locals are using.

Edited by Castaway

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Castaway said:

A good idea for another topic since Expats seem to have more expensive Smart phones than what the locals are using.

Now my friend are you sure about that? + it depends where it was bought and by whom, Most of my Friends here's  wives have pretty good Phones so I am not too sure your comment holds much water Our wives are Local remember and here in Dumaguete we seem to have an elite of Filipinos as we discussed not long ago in another Topic

Maybe it  would be  a Good Idea if You started the Topic in your own words and not in cut and paste  :wink:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Castaway said:

since Expats seem to have more expensive Smart phones than what the locals are using.

Only the tourists.  The ones who live here tend to buy a more expensive phone for the gf and keep the cheaper one for themselves.  I notice local filipino married men do the same thing.

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe it  would be  a Good Idea if You started the Topic in your own words and not in cut and paste  :wink:

Probably a bad idea (based on the previous postings),  since I'm probably the only Expat over here with an expensive Smart Phone, which is an IPhone. 

Plus, more than likely, I'll be accused of inviting a robbery if I speak about taking my IPhone with me into town. :hystery:

BTW: my SO also has an IPhone. 

Edited by Castaway

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Castaway said:

since I'm probably the only Expat over here with an expensive Smart Phone, which is an IPhone. 

:hystery: You think so EH?  No one accuses you of anything, you tend to invite most things said, Now the Balls in your Court :wink:

BTW my daughter has 2 iphones and my wife also carries one :6:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

BTW my daughter has 2 iphones and my wife also carries one

But you have a cheap phone which demonstrates the point I made earlier.  Many/most guys dote on their wives/gfs and kids and tend to give them the expensive stuff while we spend out time whinging about it on the forum.  Its nice to see Castaway has enough to buy 2 I Phones and it explains why he does not chime in to the threads where people say they live her for less than US$1,000 a month :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now the Balls in your Court :wink:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted