Opinion of Filipino Men??

bows00
Posted
Posted

Just saw a Filipino guys video (Vlog) on YouTube where he went around a slummy neighborhood and interviewed numerous Filipina's ranging between 18 and 20 years old.  During the interview, he asked one basic question "If you had to pick between a handsome young filipino bystander with no job and a fat, old foreigner, which one would you pick?"  In all, he interviewed around 20 young beautiful single candidates, and 100% of them responded the same way - they would all go for the foreigner.

I was not only surprised with the results, but how the Filipino Vlogger concluded the video by stating how disgusted he feels whenever he see's old foreigners with young filipina's (it intrudes on his sense of Filipino pride?).  It made me wonder how many Filipino men feel the same way.       

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

This might upset some here, but when i first arrived in this country to marry my now wife in Manila Airport  I saw  a group of elderly men surround a young girl their hands were all over her not sure if she was married to one of them i heard a few comments from other foriegners , it disgusted me, one can only imagine what happened to the young girl after.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We are all different i what we are looking for in our partners.

For me i want someone who will love me no matter what, will work together for our future and if she is Beautiful well i have done good.

Now all these things i have but what i did not realize is her beauty that is inside that i did not see at first, now i would give my life for my wife but this is what the Filipino men dont see in us white men, we are just there because we cannot find young so called white women.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My opinion of the men differs from one to another.Same as in any country.As happyhorn52 wrote how many of those girls have been left in the lurch by men here.

Castaway
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bows00 said:

During the interview, he asked one basic question "If you had to pick between a handsome young filipino bystander with no job and a fat, old foreigner, which one would you pick?"  In all, he interviewed around 20 young beautiful single candidates, and 100% of them responded the same way - they would all go for the foreigner.

No big surprises since the foreigner will usually provide a much better life to a Filipina than a local man... and this is not meant as an indictment against Filipino men. 

I know many Filipinos who go to work as OFW's and provide very good incomes to their wives and children in the Philippines... but there are many men who stay in the Philippines with limited opportunities and they often turn to drink and other vices, which eventually destroys their marriages.

Edited by Castaway
  • Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Bows--well in reference to those answers, it seems a purely reactive economic response.  Oftentimes for a very poor Filipina, being with a foreigner is a possible way out of poverty and a chance for a way to provide for her family.   Maybe it's  frustration on the Filipinos' part that many young men are not able to prosper enough to be be able to support a woman in the Philippines the way that a foreigner might.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Bows--well in reference to those answers, it seems a purely reactive economic response.

Exactly.  And may I ask you:  When you were younger and single.  If a handsome young stud (any race) had come up to you and asked if you would pick them over some old guy like Sean Connery, Brad Pitt, or Jack Nicholson, what would your answer have been.

Point is the fat old guys these girls meet give them a feeling of status and security.  Might be a false sense but a better sense of security than some young stud who wants a one night stand.

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

fat old guys

Now, now, not all of us Expats fit that description... or do we :89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Castaway said: