What does retirement feel like

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Castaway said:

Or have your extended Filipino family (that will be living with you) do it all for you in the Philippines :smile:

Only if you let them live with you :shades:

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Only if you let them live with you :shades:

Based on the OP's other topic... Capture.JPG

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Castaway said:

Based on the OP's other topic... Capture.JPG

OH! Please explain, I have never ever said I would have my extended family to live with us so I am really just sure what you are trying to pull here

Castaway
Posted
Posted (edited)

deleted post

Edited by Castaway
deleted post

Castaway
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

OH! Please explain, I have never ever said I would have my extended family to live with us so I am really just sure what you are trying to pull here

Not you but I believe that Stevewool has already discussed having his Filipino in-law(s) living with him when he retires in the Philippines. :mellow:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Castaway said:

Not you but Stevewool has mentioned this in another topic :shades:

Then Please, please do the courtesy of addressing those that post as you show and not me, we get enough silly problems that escalate because members say/tell things that other members never said, off the cuff remarks are just that off the cuff in reply to posts but not my friend as you have decided to put it :wink:

Gotta walk the Dogs now chat you later:thumbsup:

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Succinctly put by Queenie and others. Retirement is the time that you step into your own world and just dedicate yourself to whatever you want to do. Money helps but depending on lifestyle it has much less of a demand on your general wellbeing.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, virginprune said:

Money helps but depending on lifestyle it has much less of a demand on your general wellbeing.

Agreed my Friend but there are days :571c66d400c8c_1(103):and I tend to think Today is going to be one of them so sometimes I can still get that Monday  Blues feeling :whistling:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Some people "Live to work" and others "Work to live".  The former will have a hard time with retirement.  The latter will enjoy it to no end.  Either way, retirement will be what you make it.  As others have said, you need to keep your mind and body active.  These can be simple things which cost little to no money.  Other things like hobbies can be fulfilling.  But, like everything else in life, each of us to find that balance for ourselves.  Just relax and enjoy your retirement Steve.

• Like 4