What does retirement feel like

virginprune
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Agreed my Friend but there are days :571c66d400c8c_1(103):and I tend to think Today is going to be one of them so sometimes I can still get that Monday  Blues feeling :whistling:

Is it Monday? My days have lost distinction! Sorry if you're feeling a frustrating one coming up. I'm off to the cinema so need to wrap up warm!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Agreed my Friend but there are days :571c66d400c8c_1(103):and I tend to think Today is going to be one of them so sometimes I can still get that Monday  Blues feeling :whistling:

Is that like the Carpenter's song Jack--Rainy Days and Mondays?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Then Please, please do the courtesy of addressing those that post as you show and not me, we get enough silly problems that escalate because members say/tell things that other members never said, off the cuff remarks are just that off the cuff in reply to posts but not my friend as you have decided to put it :wink:

Gotta walk the Dogs now chat you later:thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Castaway said:
59 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Capture.JPG

communication to reply.jpg  You will maybe remember, that JGF has asked us to refrain a little  from using these Funnies  but this one fits, you may also see I removed what i said to reduce the space as requested 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

is it worrying at first or is it worrying all the time

Because you are in a position of authority and seniority it will be worrying at first.  You will wake up thinking the men/boss need you as they young guys are twats and when you retire there will be no one to do the job right.  At times you will feel guilty because you are sitting on a sunny beach sipping on a fruity cocktail, watching the beauties while your old workmates are slogging it out in the frozen north saying "wish Steve where here, he's gone all lazy on us".

That took me a period of two years to get through before I realized:  Nobody in my old job gave a damn about me except they were glad I was gone as they all moved one more rung up the ladder.  The only real interesting thing was the boss I had for close to 20 years hated his job and could not stand that I loved it and it showed in my attitude.  He LIVED to make my life miserable.  So it was interesting that 2 months after I retired, he quit.

The rest of the "good old boys" and I are still friends on Facebook and the fellow who took over my position is a great guy, who married a filipina and brought her back to Canada (He said if Dave could do it then he could to and he was smart enough not to have to retire to do it.)  But for me I was glad to retire because I was not yet ready to marry, I enjoyed ALL the girls here and I did not enjoy the annoying boss back on the job.

10 years later I scarcely think about the old job except reminiscing when I look at the pics Adrian posts on his Facebook and I see that not much has changed there in a decade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Because you are in a position of authority and seniority it will be worrying at first.  You will wake up thinking the men/boss need you as they young guys are twats and when you retire there will be no one to do the job right.  At times you will feel guilty because you are sitting on a sunny beach sipping on a fruity cocktail, watching the beauties while your old workmates are slogging it out in the frozen north saying "wish Steve where here, he's gone all lazy on us".

That took me a period of two years to get through before I realized:  Nobody in my old job gave a damn about me except they were glad I was gone as they all moved one more rung up the ladder.  The only real interesting thing was the boss I had for close to 20 years hated his job and could not stand that I loved it and it showed in my attitude.  He LIVED to make my life miserable.  So it was interesting that 2 months after I retired, he quit.

The rest of the "good old boys" and I are still friends on Facebook and the fellow who took over my position is a great guy, who married a filipina and brought her back to Canada (He said if Dave could do it then he could to and he was smart enough not to have to retire to do it.)  But for me I was glad to retire because I was not yet ready to marry, I enjoyed ALL the girls here and I did not enjoy the annoying boss back on the job.

10 years later I scarcely think about the old job except reminiscing when I look at the pics Adrian posts on his Facebook and I see that not much has changed there in a decade.

Thanks Dave ,this says it all, thanks for reminding me.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks all, it's been good reading and understanding what has been said, yes it's sooner then later for us both to take that step to freedom from the rat race.

• Like 3