Big Head

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I have a big head.  When I was in the Navy my hats had to be ordered in specially, my hat size is "XL" (23.5 - 24inch, 59-61cm). I have a shaved head, it's a sunburn magnet.  

Now the problem is this:  I prefer broad brim hats to cover all the real estate up there as well as my neck but I don't like "floppy" hats, I prefer fedoras etc.  I don't like ball caps.  I'll be back in Phils next week but don't want to travel with my expensive broad brimmers as they're likely to be crushed etc on the plane.  It is bloody difficult to find a hat in Phils that fits me. 

Any other cranially abundant members have a solution for me? 

And yes, I learnt my lesson with clothing sizes there years back.  "L" here in Australia translates to at least "XL" there.  

All hail the land of the diminutive!

http://www.ubs.iastate.edu/hat_sizing_chart.html

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Al Any other cranially abundant members have a solution for me? 

Yes indeed, sizes for us larger westerner types are very hard to find over here.

My head is the about same size as yours and the only hats that fit me are adjustable baseball caps (which I know that you don't fancy).

I'm told that the reason for the shortage of larger sizes is because (as the locals say) the larger sizes are not sell-able.

My best advice is to bring inexpensive broad brimmers (if you can) on the plane with you.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Castaway said:

My best advice is to bring inexpensive broad brimmers (if you can) on the plane with you.

May just have to concede on that.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

May just have to concede on that.

Try lazada 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Try lazada 

Need a mailing address for that.  I'll be all over the place in the 3 weeks I'm there. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I have a big head

check the airport gift shops if you can remember in the exciting moment of arrival. they might be used to foreigners wandering in. 2nd idea is to go to the duty free that is near NAIA, with your ticket you can get in. lots of western stuff there. and your Fil relations would love it I am sure. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

check the airport gift shops if you can remember in the exciting moment of arrival. they might be used to foreigners wandering in. 2nd idea is to go to the duty free that is near NAIA, with your ticket you can get in. lots of western stuff there. and your Fil relations would love it I am sure. 

Thanks Scott, I'll give it a shot.  The SAO (Short Angry One) will be picking me up from the airport, I'm sure she'll know where you're talking about.  

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

The SAO

If she has never been to duty free, it would be a treat. When OFWs visit their families its a must stop for the whole family, almost an outing,,,,nice food court there also, sometimes we just drop by for lunch. Lots of free parking

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I prefer fedoras etc.

Sweet day in the morning! If you find a straw fedora maker here, please share! I have 3 sort of crappy small fedoras that barely cover my behind-the-ear hearing aids. I got 2 of them in the Kultura section of SM and one (same exact hat, different color) from a fellow selling them on Panglao. I don't think they would fit you, though.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

If she has never been to duty free, it would be a treat. When OFWs visit their families its a must stop for the whole family, almost an outing,,,,nice food court there also, sometimes we just drop by for lunch. Lots of free parking

Former OFW so knowing her as I do I have no doubt she's all over it lol

• Haha 2