ECC Confusion

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I officially received my Probationary 13a Residency approval paper at the Angeles BI office.  However, they still had yet to receive my I-Card from the Main BI office.

Next month, I am required to attend a hearing in San Francisco, so I will need to return to US in 4-5 weeks.

I couldn't find a topic in the forum for my situation and want to make sure I follow the correct process.  Researching it made it even more confusing for me.  So I have a some questions I hope can help me understand what I need to do.

I haven't booked my flight yet, so I don't have dates of travel. 

Must I apply and pay ECC fees at a BI office (Angeles)? 
Do they require my flight information/dates of travel?
How far in advance must I apply before my departure?
Is it possible to pay ECC fees at Clark or NAIA airport on date of departure?

Finally, since I don't have an I-Card yet, what happens upon my return to PI's. 
Do I present BI with my passport and original/copy of Probationary 13a Residency approval letter?
Will this impact my Probationary 13a status to Permanent 13a?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.  After a lifetime of being independent and helping others, it's been a very difficult adjustment for me to depend others for help.  Between 2010-2013 I had 3 concussions where I lost consciousness and the neurological damage is now impacting my daily life.  As Indiana Jones once said, "It's not the age, it's the mileage".  I think my warranty has expired. :bonk:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Do I present BI with my passport and original/copy of Probationary 13a Residency approval letter?
Will this impact my Probationary 13a status to Permanent 13a?

My Friend, I think this is an issue you must take up with the BI as soon as possible, only they will be able to advise as this is outside the normal things we can give advice on :thumbsup:

JMHO 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

My Friend, I think this is an issue you must take up with the BI as soon as possible, only they will be able to advise as this is outside the normal things we can give advice on :thumbsup:

JMHO 

I totally concur with Jack. I could give answers but only for tourist visa ECC requirements, being in the probationary year of a 13a puts you in a unique category that includes your 13a status, your situation is not not 'just' an ECC question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted

I can only repeat what the local BI office had said to me while I had a probationary 13a... and I'm not really sure if it is still valid... but they said:

Yes, you can leave the Philippines and return during the probationary period.

When you return, just show your Passport with the BI Stamp (showing your 13a status).

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Castaway said:

When you return, just show your Passport with the BI Stamp (showing your 13a status).

I am not to sure from the OP's post that he has got his Stamp in his passport only a letter of Approval. I wonder if that would make a difference?

We all know (Do we Not?) how silly things can get at Immigration Entry and what it says in the Passport is how it is. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

Castaway
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's best for the OP to contact his local BI office for advice.

I was only repeating what was once said to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

With 13-A probationary status, you normally would get ECC-B at the airport.  Quote:

ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc

I am on 13A probationary and this is what I did last May.

However, you need to ask BI what will happen if you don't get your ACR card in time.  They do take your ACR card at the airport and look at it as part of the ECC-B process.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

With 13-A probationary status, you normally would get ECC-B at the airport.

@ITGeek

Ah yes! but I am not too sure the OP can do this as we are still waiting for confirmation if his Stamp is in his passport, if it is not then he is still on a 9a and this would not be possible So ITG, you really must get to a BI office soon :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

@ITGeek

Ah yes! but I am not too sure the OP can do this as we are still waiting for confirmation if his Stamp is in his passport, if it is not then he is still on a 9a and this would not be possible So ITG, you really must get to a BI office soon :thumbsup:

Yes, need that stamp.  I assumed he had it if he got all his paperwork back at BI.

ITGeek, which Angeles City office processed your 13A?  Maybe I can do my final 13a there instead of Manila. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, need that stamp.  I assumed he had it if he got all his paperwork back at BI.

2 hours ago, ITGeek said:

A few weeks ago, I officially received my Probationary 13a Residency approval paper at the Angeles BI office.  However, they still had yet to receive my I-Card from the Main BI office.

@ITGeek

IT, you needs to contact the BI because you are supposed to do it within 4 weeks of Approval waiting for the I card could take months but the Stamp (if not done ) needs to be done ASAP

• Like 1