ECC Confusion

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, need that stamp.  I assumed he had it if he got all his paperwork back at BI.

ITGeek, which Angeles City office processed your 13A?  Maybe I can do my final 13a there instead of Manila. 

All 13A approvals come from Manila. Other offices can process the paperwork and send the paperwork to Manila.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

All 13A approvals come from Manila. Other offices can process the paperwork and send the paperwork to Manila.

Yes, but only certain offices can do the 13A and send it to Manila.  We called 2 in Angeles and back then they said they could not do it.  And they were not listed as being able to do it on the BI website.

Castaway
Posted
Posted

One of the weirdest things about getting a probationary 13a were the phone calls from BI.

I received two of them... in one of them, they wanted to speak to my DW... so, I handed the phone to my DW.

In another phone call, the BI agent said that she needed to bring additional paperwork to my home for my signature... so, I made sure that she had the correct address and set up a mutually agreed upon time... but then, she phoned back and said that there was no need.

Was this the BI's way of checking on whether or not my marriage was bona fide?... I tend to think so.

• Like 2

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone!

I will attempt to contact the BI (Angeles @ Marque Mall) office tomorrow and ask what is required (and see if my I-Card is ready too).  Although they are very difficult to contact on phone.

I have an ACR card listed as "Tourist", valid until June 2018.  Looking at my US passport, I do have the BI stamp that indicates under section 9A that I have 13a Probationary Status.

So given this information and the fact my flight is still not booked, could I pay ECC fee at Clark/NAIA or must I still receive approval from BI office prior to departing?

Thanks again in advance for all your help!

Andrew

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, ITGeek said:

So given this information and the fact my flight is still not booked, could I pay ECC fee at Clark/NAIA or must I still receive approval from BI office prior to departing?

I think you are good to go!

When I flew out of Clark in May, you pay the ECC-B at the office to the left of where they check your passport.  I think it was around p2000.  They were very nice so just ask where to go.  I'm not sure if the airport changed since then, since PAL and others have added Clark flights.

On 13A, you are a resident, so technically you have to pay the TIEZA, travel tax.  I think that is around p1700??  You can find it on the TIEZA website.  Some people are able to scoot this one but I paid 5870 for my family of 5 (kids are less).

And then you have the departure fee, p500.

Have fun with the fees!

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think you are good to go!

When I flew out of Clark in May, you pay the ECC-B at the office to the left of where they check your passport.  I think it was around p2000.  They were very nice so just ask where to go.  I'm not sure if the airport changed since then, since PAL and others have added Clark flights.

On 13A, you are a resident, so technically you have to pay the TIEZA, travel tax.  I think that is around p1700??  You can find it on the TIEZA website.  Some people are able to scoot this one but I paid 5870 for my family of 5 (kids are less).

And then you have the departure fee, p500.

Have fun with the fees!

Let me see if I got this -- ECC (2000 peso per person), travel tax (1700 per person) and then departure tax (500 per person)?  A total of 4200 pesos?  About 80 US dollars per person?  And then some tax on the airline ticket?  

Customs and immigration are making out like a rape ape.  Do you pay extra to the airport terminal if you bring your own bullets?  Yeah, remember the bullet scandal?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

No wonder they were nice to you 5870 Peso's, did you tip them too. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

Let me see if I got this -- ECC (2000 peso per person), travel tax (1700 per person) and then departure tax (500 per person)?  A total of 4200 pesos?  About 80 US dollars per person?  And then some tax on the airline ticket?  

Customs and immigration are making out like a rape ape.  Do you pay extra to the airport terminal if you bring your own bullets?  Yeah, remember the bullet scandal?  

Well, the ECC is good for a year so stop your complainin!  :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

No wonder they were nice to you 5870 Peso's, did you tip them too. :mellow:

5870 was for TIEZA.  They were nice too!  Apparently you can now pay the travel tax when you buy your ticket, for some airlines.

http://tieza.gov.ph/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 10/11/2017 at 8:21 AM, OnMyWay said:

5870 was for TIEZA.  They were nice too!  Apparently you can now pay the travel tax when you buy your ticket, for some airlines.

http://tieza.gov.ph/

When I booked my flight with Asiana (already have credit with them), they required me to pay TIEZA with reservations and I also had to send them my US passport bio page.  Not sure why they asked for that, I'm a diamond member and have over 100k miles with them.  My phone ran out of load while waiting for Angeles-BI to respond.   So I'll pay the ECC fees at NAIA after check-in.

Thanks everyone for your help!  

• Like 3