ECC Confusion

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Hmmmmm confusing, here is what the Bi say;

Holders of valid immigrant or non-immigrant visas who intend to return to the Philippines may secure the ECC at the airport.

Source  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/news/press-release/109-april2015-pr/772-foreign-nationals-should-secure-ecc-before-leaving-bi

Just my 10 peso worth:smile:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmm confusing, here is what the Bi say;

Holders of valid immigrant or non-immigrant visas who intend to return to the Philippines may secure the ECC at the airport.

Source  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/news/press-release/109-april2015-pr/772-foreign-nationals-should-secure-ecc-before-leaving-bi

Just my 10 peso worth:smile:

I was just looking at that too, but you know how they are about updating their webpages.

I just sent a message to BI on FB.  I'll let you know what they say.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Update to my earlier post regarding a friend trying get info if he needed an ECC or not. He had stayed a year on a BB stamp and a further 5 months as a tourist. Bacolod informed him he did not require an ECC, Dumaguete said he must obtain one or airport immigration will not allow him to depart.

He decided to go to Cebu, obtain the ECC to be safe, where he was told no need 100% certain, how ever they refused to put it in writing or process the ECC. He was in a predicament, could not get sense phoning or visiting immigration at airport

So, he wrote via face book to manila, they replied quickly stating no need ECC, he printed this and tried to exit last week.

As he wrote the immigration official spent time studying his passport, asked why his wife was not with him, next asked him where is his ECC, even held one up to show him. Brett is a calm guy and carefully explained in Cebu they refused him as not necessary, the official was skeptical.

Brett explained he had a letter from immigration which the officer wanted. Said he studied same and allowed him out with a warning  another week he would of had a problem as would of passed the 6 months as a tourist.

Final comment was never again as he had cheap fares and would..could of lost everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I never take any chances now with immigration and would always recommend going to your local office in person first with a good weeks notice before any important documents are required. 

To-date most of my dealings with them have been a comedy of errors although touch wood I've always came out on top.

So far in my dealings I've been told the office is closed having phoned up then seeing on their facebook they are open. Messaged them to confirm and then told no they are definitely closed.  Went anyway and yes they were open. Told I needed to fill in certain forms and have photocopies by reception at the actual office, but as I was getting messed around and sent to various windows I approached one worker who just asked to see my passport, took the money and issued me an ACR card and 6 month extension. Looked up the office address on-line and double checked via Facebook to be informed as of the begining of this year they have moved into a new building at a different address, drove there to find out they are not there but somewhere completely different. 

It's more fun in the Philippines as they say. 

PS: Don't forget regardless how few documents or photographs they say you should bring take everything you have and spare photographs just in case. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The topic is getting a bit diluted.  The OP is a 13A holder so the discussion should be primarily about ECC-B.

BI on FB says you can still get ECC-B at the airports.

Screenshot (66).png

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The topic is getting a bit diluted.  The OP is a 13A holder so the discussion should be primarily about ECC-B.

BI on FB says you can still get ECC-B at the airports.

Screenshot (66).png

As I highlighted though just because the process is online and youve made the call doesn't mean that's what is going to happen. 

If you trust the web good luck. :shades:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2017 at 9:48 AM, ITGeek said:

However, they still had yet to receive my I-Card from the Main BI office.

1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

BI site says:

ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily. 

Since the Op does not possess a valid ACR I Card yet it will get complicated.  The BI site is not clear whether he will need a regular ECC or an ECC-B because of not possessing the ACR card.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Since the Op does not possess a valid ACR I Card yet it will get complicated.  The BI site is not clear whether he will need a regular ECC or an ECC-B because of not possessing the ACR card.

Yes, I did forget that complication.  And I may have mis-read the OP's followup about getting an ECC at the airport.  It is true you can't get a regular ECC at the airport and I thought he was saying you can't get ECC-B at the airport, and that had me worried.

So I will back out, sheepishly, and go back to my doghouse. :SugarwareZ-037:

• Haha 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I did forget that complication.  And I may have mis-read the OP's followup about getting an ECC at the airport.  It is true you can't get a regular ECC at the airport and I thought he was saying you can't get ECC-B at the airport, and that had me worried.

So I will back out, sheepishly, and go back to my doghouse. :SugarwareZ-037:

It is very difficult, might not even be possible to keep a topic pure. Case in point, what do you mean "It is true you can't get a regular ECC at the airport"? I got an ECC at NAIA last December after being in country as a tourist for 11 months. Are you talking about after being in country 12 months you can't get it or are you saying the 6-12 ECC is no longer available for tourists?

3 hours ago, RBM said:

As he wrote the immigration official spent time studying his passport, asked why his wife was not with him, next asked him where is his ECC, even held one up to show him.

So immigration at the airport (which one?) was adding BB and tourist time together, treating him as if he was in country for 17 months while Cebu and FB offices were only counting the tourist time?

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

It is very difficult, might not even be possible to keep a topic pure. Case in point, what do you mean "It is true you can't get a regular ECC at the airport"? I got an ECC at NAIA last December after being in country as a tourist for 11 months. Are you talking about after being in country 12 months you can't get it or are you saying the 6-12 ECC is no longer available for tourists?

So immigration at the airport (which one?) was adding BB and tourist time together, treating him as if he was in country for 17 months while Cebu and FB offices were only counting the tourist time?

Yes correct, it's was the official at exit immigration Cebu airport  that was calling the shots, without his letter he believes no way out. Guess these guys have final say. Like the left has no idea what the right is doing.

Edited by RBM
  • Like 1