Halloween Display

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I agree with you Queenie.  What surprised me was how the popularity in the USA is being driven by adults!  Perhaps people see this as an opportunity to "get crazy" and step away from their everyday lives of work, tedium, and boredom??? :89:  I do (sort of) recall going trick or treating with a shot glass one year.  The details are a little hazy. :whistling:

I agree  Mike. Maybe also in these troubled times, adults might view the extravaganza /excess of Halloween as the ultimate excuse to escape many stresses. Much under the guise of "doing it for the kids."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/24/halloween-adults-costumes-elvira-mistress-of-the-dark/1593177/

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Halloween is on a slow creep (zombie shuffle?) here in Davao. The malls have "Spooktacular Savings" and "Treats Without Tricks" and so on. The toy store at SM carries a bit of decor. Last year, I think, it had available a baby skull decoration which spooked me (heh) badly.

I noticed just the other day in the SM Supermarket they had a sign up for "Monster Deals" that included floss and toothbrushes. Not sure if it was specifically for Halloween but surely it matched the spirit of candy overdoses.

• Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Halloween is on a slow creep (zombie shuffle?) here in Davao. The malls have "Spooktacular Savings" and "Treats Without Tricks" and so on. The toy store at SM carries a bit of decor. Last year, I think, it had available a baby skull decoration which spooked me (heh) badly.

I noticed just the other day in the SM Supermarket they had a sign up for "Monster Deals" that included floss and toothbrushes. Not sure if it was specifically for Halloween but surely it matched the spirit of candy overdoses.

JD,  at Gaisano Metro lately the staff was having a little trouble setting up some ghoul hands and pitchforks among the Christmas decoration displays.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I don`t recall seeing it here or in Dalaguete .I don`t think many of the parents could afford to make or buy a costume.But hey keep your 1 pesos for Carol singing.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2017 at 7:04 PM, sonjack2847 said:

But hey keep your 1 pesos for Carol singing.

We wish you would give us pesos
We wish you would give us pesos... :hystery:

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, OnMyWay said:

The house I posted above in the OP has the most elaborate decorations I have seen on any house, including the U.S.  My pictures don't do it justice.  I will get some better ones later.

We went by the Halloween house after dark this evening and it is quite a display.  The lower carport / garage area is not open yet but we peeked inside and it has even more elaborate scary stuff in there, where I assume the treats will be given out.  There was a lot of trike noise but these two videos are not bad.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZP0sN4yTJiWKI3sC2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uOSfitzu4YERfNjx1

• Thanks 1