Life in paradise

Castaway
Posted
Posted

Bring Snow Ball Globes with you, so that you can think about cold weather whenever the 12 months of being hot gets to be a bit too much to take :smile:

Capture.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I too miss the seasons of New England sometimes.

The frequent rains and lack of consistent sun since July have really slowed down my bright flowering plants and trees. Some days the scenery of  mostly green isn't to my liking. The cooler, breezier weather I'm hoping for next month will be here soon I hope. Maybe more sun.

Paradise I don't think so,  but having many benefits I'd say for the most part. It's all give and take I think.

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Well we have been travelling in the northern states of the US this last two weeks with the idea of seeing the fall, been so warm here that the trees are confused and still green. Just finished a week in DC, New York for next week before flying back to the UK.

• Like 4

Castaway
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

been so warm here that the trees are confused and still green.

Sort of typical for Washington DC, since when I went back there for a visit in November 2015, I was still able to wear shorts, T-Shirts and Flip-flops.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys and girls , loud music no proper milk for tea of coffee, rain and more rain, dont sound like paradise really, so if i bring earplugs a umbrella or mackintosh and lots of marvel powdered milk i should be ok. 

• Haha 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

dont sound like paradise

But it can be Steve... you just have to pick out the right location... after all, there are over 7,000 islands in the Philippines.

Capture.JPG

stevewool
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Castaway said:

But it can be Steve... you just have to pick out the right location... after all, there are over 7,000 islands in the Philippines.

Capture.JPG

Yes it can be, like i have said for now our base will be Marikina for as long as we are wanting that, but touring the islands for as long as we can until we find a place where we both may think this is the place , or the money runs out.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I spent over 25 years working on HVAC. So I had many many days & nights outside and on roofs. It was always too hot or too cold.  I do not miss seasons at all! You can have them ha ha.  I just wish Duterte's death squads would ignore drugs and move on to more important matters - noise pollution.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I spent over 25 years working on HVAC. So I had many many days & nights outside and on roofs. It was always too hot or too cold.  I do not miss seasons at all! You can have them ha ha.  I just wish Duterte's death squads would ignore drugs and move on to more important matters - noise pollution.  :tiphat:

That and owners who kick their dogs out of the house at night.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I too miss the seasons of New England sometimes.

The frequent rains and lack of consistent sun since July have really slowed down my bright flowering plants and trees. Some days the scenery of  mostly green isn't to my liking. The cooler, breezier weather I'm hoping for next month will be here soon I hope. Maybe more sun.

Paradise I don't think so,  but having many benefits I'd say for the most part. It's all give and take I think.

Mostly green works for me Queenie, better than a concrete jungle. (but each to their own) I have to learn a new way of gardening when we finally move to our house on the beach, mostly sand, and salt air. surprisingly there are many fruit trees, bamboo and flowering shrubs all doing well in a medium that I never considered would support such.

I am looking forward to maintaining a smaller lot in our chosen paradise After looking after 50 acres with 3 acres of garden for the last 20 years, it was a labour of love but now is too much as I gain age with work commitments. LOL, created a rod for my own back. Time will tell but in the mean time we do hunger for our little piece of paradise and the fruits that come with it. Both good, bad and interesting, neighbours included.

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by bigpearl
  • Thanks 1