Life in paradise

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 15/10/2017 at 8:43 AM, mogo51 said:

We have had 3 days of constant until late yesterday afternoon when the skies cleared and this morning seems will be a good one.

We had quite strong winds for 2 of those wet days and even though we were on the 'fringe' of the typhoon, it was a lesson in what I can expect when I am in the middle of one.  Which I hope is not too soon, but reality is, that is what will happen in the not too distant future.

Something I too have to accept Ron, never been through a typhoon or weeks of rain but have been through drought, bushfires, dust storms and dry 40 plus degree heat for weeks. Paradise or somewhere to live is an individual observation/choice, While Oz is my home country and served well for nearly 60 years I too am moving on to hopefully (fingers crossed) live my/our days out in a comfortable stress free environment with real people and all the tripe that goes with it, frustrating in PH? Nope, all countries have a down side but few can live up to the acceptance and tolerance of the people of the Philippines regardless of the law, wealth and poverty experienced. Hey in 10 years I might be living in Laos, hope not.

Good to see you are settling in to your piece of paradise Ron, looking for pointers when we catch up.

Cheers, Steve. 

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Paradise, like beauty, is in the eye of the beer holder. :7500:

As a building maintenance "engineer", in Seattle, I worked at two renovated piers on the waterfront. Seven months each year were variations of cold and wet. The wind off of Puget Sound drove the rain sideways and eventually, through every high-end rain jacket I ever bought at REI.

I dreamed of the hot sun.

Now I have a fan on me all day and bitch about the heat. :huh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Good to see you are settling in to your piece of paradise Ron, looking for pointers when we catch up.

Cheers, Steve. 

That is about it Steve, we just have to make the best of what we have.  But it is an ok place and we are enjoying our new home and all that comes with it, good and bad.  It is a lovely day here today, rain gone and quite warm.

Take care and will  be seeing you before long.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I dreamed of the hot sun.

Now I have a fan on me all day and bitch about the heat. :huh:

Just goes to show you, we are never happy!!!  I have the same problems.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Just goes to show you, we are never happy!!!  I have the same problems.

I bitch about how cold the aircon is in the shops Ron.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I like the change of seasons here in south Florida.  We have wet and dry very humid and semi humid.  Also we don't get typhoons. the occasional hurricane though.  Hope when we move full time to RP we can acclimate . :89:

• Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I'm sitting here in a car park in Northamptonshire I  England ,it's cold ,it's grey ,it's wet and as a building services engineer I'm either on the roof freezing in winter or down in the bowels of a plant room  sweating buckets in the summer 

At least the rain in the Phil's is warmer ,so I am told 

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

No it`s cold rain today I had numb hands earlier today when I rode to and from Hypermart.It was dry on the way down and no sooner than I got inside it poured down.

59 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

At least the rain in the Phil's is warmer ,so I am told 

59 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Edited by sonjack2847
adding tex