Life Starts Afresh as a New ExPat.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

So please for you , it was great reading this as what you have said i have all those feeling too, but i have a few more months to top up my savings.

If you have the time to write more about how you are getting on it would be appreciated, good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Congratulations once more 🎉and thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Exciting adventures in your future for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

I am totally committed to my new life as an expat, its what I want to do and the Philippines is where I want to be, sure there will be bad days and maybe even bad weeks at times but not really a major problem, I had plenty of them back in the UK as well!

That's the spirit.  Your entire post is well written but this is the part that will make you a long term expat.  Congrats on your move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Congratulations mate, must be an amazing feeling.  I'm about 18 months behind you on my timeline but already have a sense of anticipation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Congratulations mate, must be an amazing feeling.  I'm about 18 months behind you on my timeline but already have a sense of anticipation.

Anticipation?  Is that like a virgin teenager on his first date ready to blow his cookies?  

Well Eddie, you've come a long way to enjoy the fruits of your labor.  It shouldn't be all about keeping up with the Jones now.  Learn how to relax, enjoy the treasures of the family, spending quality time with no concern about time itself.  

Congrats Eddie!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jake said:

Anticipation?  Is that like a virgin teenager on his first date ready to blow his cookies?  

Yep!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Congratulations Eddie, the life of now starts for you...have fun and rewarding times :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Expect with your attitude things will be just fine. Obviously no rose tinted glasses, yes good bunch of forum members there, hope catch with them and yourself again soon.

Just watch those trikes when crossing the road.....

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Eddie welcome.

I will suggest that when buying things for the home take your time as you can buy in haste and repent at leisure.I have with a few furniture purchases.See you Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1