Reliable philippine charities?

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Are there any reliable Philippine charities around?

In Tayasan they have to build a new simple kindergarten, but the goverment is not paying anything for it. Therefore I'm searching for a reliable charity which can fund that project.

22472661_1747746705521982_1750282695_n.jpg22551677_1747746722188647_1642789331_n.jpg22547825_1748043322158987_335750539_n.jpg

22497493_1748043332158986_2062770085_n.jpg22497811_1748043325492320_1217505436_n.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not sure what you're asking?

Are you looking for reliable charitable organizations to donate to or are you soliciting for donations for the project you have displayed?

• Like 2

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Old55 said:

Not sure what you're asking?

Are you looking for reliable charitable organizations to donate to or are you soliciting for donations for the project you have displayed?

I'm looking for a charity organisation which can fund the cost of building this kindergarten project. One organisation based in the US and are primary funding educational projects on the Philippines did not wanted to fund the project. I assume that they are either out of funds or not being honest. That was the case why I'm searching for more reliable charities.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dr. Shiva said:

That was the case why I'm searching for more reliable charities.

Did you talk to the Barangay Captain? :89: This is in their Remit:smile:

• Thanks 2

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Did not want to help either. :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::bash:

Edited by Dr. Shiva
  • Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Just a thought, maybe approach the school and ask for voluntary labor and approach businesses in the baragay for donations, that's about the only way your going to get the program off the ground.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Did not want to help either

Call me a cynic, but after almost 5 years here, but imho unless you can show the local authorities how this will either line their pockets, or get them reelected, they most likely will not be of much help, your best be I believe is search online for a overseas charitable organization that specializes in 3rd world education assistance. good luck 

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Why don`t you ask the local expats for a small donation it will get it a little further along.Then the Barangay captain may help as he will see his popularity in dougbt. Well maybe.There is a group of expats in Dalaguete who donate to a different school each month.After they started the local businesses/prominent people  helped (a few I might add not all) so now it is going quite well and lots of children benefit. But because the expats took it upon themselves to start the other prominent people in the town joined in.It gave them a jolt in their conscience or their re- election status.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

I assume that they are either out of funds or not being honest.

Scratching Head.jpg what do you think?

14 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

One organisation based in the US and are primary funding educational projects on the Philippines did not wanted to fund the project

Doc, just at this time and with Mr President in the mood he is in , you may well find that no one wants to help the Philippines He has on more than one occasion told all to keep their noses out of his Country's business :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

JMHO:huh:

Jack, Morning all:photo-109:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)

With oversea charities I had only bad experiences. As I was once looking for funds for helping a kid with Leukemia, I got either a denial of service or no response. No charity wanted to help that kid. And on the list was many renowned charities. Most did not help because they are not active on the Philippines. But the ones who are active, they point me to their Philippines offices. And those are not responding at all.

Edited by Dr. Shiva