Reliable philippine charities?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

I did contacted the local Rotary club here in Zurich. I hope they can help.

Hi Doc Good Morning, Well I think you have to look at this in the way it is said "Charity begins at Home" so to this end I feel you must look to Philippine Businesses who do have a charitable section, just Google up any big business in that Area or national, Cebu Pacific, PAL, any of them and contact their charity page. also to help in your quest I put up the two Local/Philippines  pages of those Clubs.

https://rotaryphilippines.wordpress.com/about-us/

https://tpb.gov.ph/alpha-listing/lions-club-international-md-301-philippines/

Hope all this is of some help to you

Jack:tiphat:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Till now no response from the Rotary Club :(

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Till now no response from the Rotary Club :(

Sadly the only experience I've ever had here is people never getting back to me. Even when I'm looking to spend money they never reply to messages whether email, Facebook or text. 

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly the only experience I've ever had here is people never getting back to me. Even when I'm looking to spend money they never reply to messages whether email, Facebook or text. 

Similar to me. In Europe they respond most time but won't help at all. On the Philippine they don't respond at all or their communication tools are broken or stuffed with malware. So many charities and none helps. How terrible is that? :571c66d400c8c_1(103): Should I make my own charity organization?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Should I make my own charity organization?

Talk to member Bruce. His charity is registered in the US and provides help for the people of Samar. Maybe he can give you advice.

http://www.philippinebasicneeds.com/ 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Perhaps you can donate cash 💰 or labor to a charity in Philippines. I’m sure there are many that would welcome you assistance.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

You can donate to Jerry's Kids Dad............I promise I'll write answer emails etc.......

• Haha 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

I'm still looking for a charity which can help in 3 cases.

The first is a kindergarten in Tayasan. The most important case because many kids have no kindergarten in that area. Missing amount is around 45k PHP.

The second is a bigger family in Ormoc City having big issues getting their kids to school due new city regulation phased more than half of all public transport vehicles out of service. This results in overcrowded public vehicles when they passes the house of the family. The idea is now to purchase a cheap multicab for them. Price is around 150k PHP.

The third case is a cheap lot for the parents of my wife to get them out of an annoying and greeding land owner which leased a farm lot to the parents with huge leasing cost. (Half of the complete harvesting have to be given to the land owner). And the rest have to be transported by foot 3 hours to the public market because there is only a foot way going to the lot. The new lot is only 15 min from the public market away, have a barangay road next to it and have clean title. We will probably downpayment 50k PHP from total price 250k PHP for one hectare lot.

Bruce seems not to be active here or did not saw my PM because there was no response from him till today.

Thank you all for your assistance. Details and responsible contact persons by PM on request.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Thank you all for your assistance. Details and responsible contact persons by PM on request.

Best of Luck Doc But :571c66d400c8c_1(103):methinks.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am reminded of a well meaning expat who held a meeting of all expats on the small island I used to live on.

At the meeting he tried to organize our own little charitable group.  There were likely 30 expats at that meeting and every one of them volunteered to donate money.  Then came the decision on who to help with the money.  As I said there were 30 expats there and they each knew a few charity cases so together we came up with 60 or more worthwhile recipients.  With so many needy, no 2 expats could agree on who we should help.  The meeting adjourned with no results.  There are just too many people needing help and the expats at that meeting all had enough on their plate from locals who were coming to them for help.

I came away from the meeting with the conclusion that I will do what I can for people I can help and leave the rest for others to help if they can.  I suspect most organized charities in Philippines are overwhelmed in a similar way.