Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday Sun

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well that is the Saying But who in the Dumaguete Area ventured out in this terrible Weather with Traffic at a practical Standstill?

Feet up on the Terrace for me "A" got to the Market and back before 7am when it started again, we had Power till 11am then off till about 4pm, New Primary Poles Up (Concrete, well Seated I am told)  We are just hoping all this will end Soon. Good that the Power was OK as I hate Warm beer :console:

Jack:smile:

Back in the Land of some normality :photo-109:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Agreed.  I wanted to get out of the house but the thought of encountering floods, traffic, rain, road closures and mud dimmed my enthusiasm so I spent the storm at home too.  Fortunately our brownouts were relatively short.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I actually got around alot on Saturday. Started the day taking the wife to the ferry. Fast ferry was not running so she took the roro for a couple days at home in Cebu (a funeral). Later went into town for a couple of guitar-related items, then hit Flip Flops for dinner. Thought I might see Dave H but he didn't make it, however Eddie was there. 

No rain now so I suspect I will venture out a bit today as well, especially since I once again have no water - it was off Friday, back on Saturday and now no go.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, davewe said:

No rain now so I suspect I will venture out a bit today

The sun now shines,

The roads are clear,

I think its time,

To have a beer.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The sun now shines,

The roads are clear,

I think its time,

To have a beer.

I would join anyone and everyone BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103): It is time to start the Damage repair to the garden.  crying man.jpg :huh:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You're not selling Dumagette to me as a place to live :whistling:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We had no brownouts so we were lucky.We are however drying all the wet mats and stuff which would not even dry indoors.No drinking today as I am cooking a roast dinner later.I am number one houseboy.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Just now, Snowy79 said:

OK if you own a boat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Ive been in Puerto Galera since about May and touch wood I've only had rain during the daylight hours a handfull of times. Even during the wet periods it rains for a week or two in the evenings for about 30 mins. Panglao where I've just returned from it rained almost solidly. I think I'll stick to areas with a mountain behind me to control the weather a bit. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Many areas of the city flood a couple of times a year.  I never see that mentioned on the tourist brochures. But on the bright side, its been a long time since the last major earthquake, typhoon, tsnami, or volcanic eruption. :hystery:

• Haha 2