Our baby's hospital stay

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear your little one is recovering. Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The girls were back to normal today.  In between force feedings of medicine, Leila and her big sis Katy were playing coneheads!

P1340034 (2).JPG

Hello Don,

Sometimes it's beyond the parent's control and you just have to allow mother nature to take its course regarding your baby Leila's recovery.  Hopefully both you and your wife are getting a well deserved rest by now.  

I am by no means, an OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about being a clean or neat freak.  But I do try to sanitize all the common surfaces in the house before or after someone gets a flu virus.  It's the rainy season there and all kinds of bacteria and viruses seem to multiple under those conditions.  A strong solution of hydrogen peroxide with water is the cheapest way to kill these bugs.   

We appreciate your field report regarding local medical care and issues with PhilHealth.  Respectfully Jake

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Don, our prayers are with your little one hope she keeps on healing quickly.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Just to add my good wishes too Don.

Hope the little one is soon running round again. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Very glad to hear all is ok. I thought you had Pacific Cross (formerly Blue Cross). I may be confusing you with someone else.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MikeB said:

I thought you had Pacific Cross (formerly Blue Cross). I may be confusing you with someone else.

I'm the guy who keeps saying he is going to get Pacific Cross and the brochure remains here on my desk!

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Do you have to buy your philhealth separate from wife and family?  Glad the little on id better. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

Hello Don,

Sometimes it's beyond the parent's control and you just have to allow mother nature to take its course regarding your baby Leila's recovery.  Hopefully both you and your wife are getting a well deserved rest by now.  

I am by no means, an OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about being a clean or neat freak.  But I do try to sanitize all the common surfaces in the house before or after someone gets a flu virus.  It's the rainy season there and all kinds of bacteria and viruses seem to multiple under those conditions.  A strong solution of hydrogen peroxide with water is the cheapest way to kill these bugs.   

We appreciate your field report regarding local medical care and issues with PhilHealth.  Respectfully Jake

Jake, I hear you and actually we are reasonably aware of germs and protection from them.  We are big on hand sanitizer and Katy would be using it too much if we didn't stop her.  I think many germs are passed hand to hand or mouth, but most have a very short life span in the open air.

We are fairly certain that we know how she got it.  Actually, Katy got if first.  Our Korean neighbors have twins just slightly older than Katy and a baby a bit younger than Leila.  All very sweet kids, but they always have runny noses, coughing, etc.  We have a short wall that separates our front lanai from theirs.  The kids like to stand at the wall and play and talk.  When they do that, they are face to face, literally.  My wife noticed, too late, that the little girl had sneezed directly into Katy's face, and both of the twins were coughing.

The next day, Katy came down with this virus, and about 1.5 days later Leila got it.  We tried very hard to keep Leila away from Katy but that is next to impossible.  Both kids were still active except when they had a higher fever at night and felt bad.  That was 2 nights for both of them.  Katy rolled through it fairly easily but has a persistent cough now being treated with anti-biotics.  And Leila ended up with pneumonia.

Usually I get whatever the kids get, but I really tried hard not too!  I did get something but I never had a fever, and just got the cough and lung congestion, which is almost gone now.  My wife got a sore throat the past few days but that is all (she has a really strong immune system!).  Our 13 year got nothing, thank God.  It may of helped that she hunkered away studying for her exams.

So I hope the twins will be healthy so Katy can play with them.  We are going to have keep a close eye on them and keep them away from the short wall that creates the perfect germ warfare environment!

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi OMW, 

So glad to hear that your little girl  is doing much better. I know of two other small children that had recent hospital stays due to pneumonia--one was an infant. I think that often the damp air and weather can have something to do with it. Quite an ordeal, but glad that she's home and routines are getting more normal for you all.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 2