Airlines to Davao airport from outside of Philippines

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

My wife announced to me that we would like to fly from Switzerland to Davao (DVO) in year 2018 or 2019. Especially that there are now flights from DVO to Dumaguete and Tacloban and vice versa. (And Davao is one of the possible location for a future living.)

My question is if still only Singapore Air/Silk Air is/will flying from outside of the Philippines to DVO?

One note I found is that AirAsia is flying also from KL to DVO. But they have no flights to Switzerland or even to Europe.

Some future notes are that Emirates, Etihad and Qatar want to fly also to DVO. Are there further airlines planning to fly to DVO in the nearer future?

A note on Wikipedia show that they plan to make big improvements to the airport, even planning to build a second runway.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well Dr I have flown from Manchester UK to Davao via Cebu with Etihad we encountered a one hour stopover in Cebu Then got back on the same plane! So I would guess it may be possible from Switzerland also.

Just checked it out.

ZRN 11.20 arrival DVO 22.40+1day

Check out. Flights EY74.....EY424.........EY3959

Let us know if this checks out 

Edited by Kuya John

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Well Dr I have flown from Manchester UK to Davao via Cebu with Etihad we encountered a one hour stopover in Cebu Then got back on the same plane! So I would guess it may be possible from Switzerland also.

Just checked it out.

ZRN 11.20 arrival DVO 22.40+1day

Check out. Flights EY74.....EY424.........EY3959

Let us know if this checks out 

EY3959 is a flight with Philippine Airline over MNL as stated on the Etihad website checked there. We don't want to fly over MNL at all.

Edited by Dr. Shiva

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

EY3959 is a flight with Philippine Airline over MNL as stated on the Etihad website checked there. We don't want to fly over MNL at all.

OK I understand the air traffic  is pretty bad over Manila :smile:

We flew from UK to Abudhabi to Cebu then Davao with Etihad a few years back, cheers