Filipino time

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

There i was fast asleep and in some sort of dream when i hear this noise , then it started to get louder and louder but knowing it was not the alarm going off.

What time is it and what is that noise, just after midnight and the noise is there, buzzing away.

Its my phone but ts not the alarm and its not the ringing noise either, its bloody Emma face timing me.

The wife is on Filipino time, Hi My Steve , how are you , here i am with some neighbours, Dads doing the garden , then she goes around the garden showing this and that then into the house, and yet my eyes have not really focused on anything .

Did i wake you she asked , what time is it there , hang about its only midnight back home , yes all those words came out all at once , and yet all i could do was wave and smile , even to the neighbours who was watching this live feed of me 8,000 miles away naked in bed.

Its now 5.30am here in England and i am trying to make contact with Emma, but i bet she is having a snooze , i bet the noise from her phone will not wake her at all.

She did tell me her plans for today though was to clean the house from top to bottom as its not as she thought it would be, well with 2 men living i the house it never is for a women is it.

Well she is happy her dad is happy so that makes me happy, yes tied a little but happy.

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It can't be Filipino time,if it was she would have told you she's going to call you at 8pm your time and then called you after midnight. :whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

then called you after midnight. 

Maybe she got here 12 o'clocks mixed up? :smile:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I get annoyed at Filipino time especially when we have an appointment and my wife is late.We had to leave the house early this for an appointment at the bank and what does she do she starts washing clothes and made us late. We then had to wait which made us late for our arranged meet up with my friend in Robinsons.Don`t worry I will get payback.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It can't be Filipino time,if it was she would have told you she's going to call you at 8pm your time and then called you after midnight. :whistling:

@stevewool

Now about this time thing, maybe this happened EH?   Time, Filipino that is.jpg  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Steve,

I have been guilty too of making a mistimed call to friends or family or a business establishment while at the time living in the States.:smile:

I think that Emma, being that she's over there with the newness and excitement of routines and happenings in her old familiar place, she lost track of her old time and place and stresses/routines at home!  The relaxed pace of living or lack of emphasis on time in the Philippines compared to a more hectic schedule, can be one of the happy benefits of living here. :smile:

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The following is a TRUE summary of a text conversation and phone call with my wife.  We were living in the USA at the time and went to the Philippines on vacation.  I returned home after two weeks, the wife stayed an additional two weeks.  She would send a text message and I would call back using a prepaid phone card.  W = wife , M = Me

W txt: Call me

M txt: What number?

W txt: Same as before at the lodging house!

M: Why are you at the lodging house?

W: Staying here while in Cebu, you know that!

M: What time is it there?

W: It is (and she give me a time) in the USA.

M:  I KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS HERE, WHAT TIME IS IT THERE!!!

W: She tells me the time.

M: What time is your flight supposed to leave?

W: It is (gives time), but that is (gives time) in the USA.

M: Check your flight reservation, what time does your flight say it leaves.

W: hold for a second while I get the paper.

W: Oh no!  I missed my flight, what do I do now? :Caught:

She could not exchange the flight until two weeks, so I have to purchase a one way ticket to get here home.  On a more positive note she had a two hour layover in Hawaii, so I crossed that her bucket list of places to visit. :hystery:

• Haha 2