I Don't Believe It

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sometimes new expats to Philippines just don't know what to say when they encounter filipino culture, so let me help you with that one

https://youtu.be/mLNrLI3OBwg

(for some reason youtube is not allowing it to be embedded so you will actually have to click the link unless @Jollygoodfellow can fix it

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

for some reason youtube is not allowing it to be embedded so you will actually have to click the link unless @Jollygoodfellow can fix it

No its youtube and that particular video that is not allowed to be embedded by who ever uploaded to youtube. . 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My middle name some days, Victor Meldrew :shades: It will be the same Tomorrow when I go to the LTO :whistling:

Sorry Sir, Come back in January. HUH! One freaking Year for a piece of Plastic that may run out before I get it.

YEP david I agree "I Don't believe it" But:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry Sir, Come back in January.

I was just there today and you are close.  The lady said:  Maybe by the end of the year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I was just there today and you are close.  The lady said:  Maybe by the end of the year.

:thumbsup:Then I will not Bother to go, saves me washing the car after EH?  :whistling:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe by the end of the year

They gave me a number to call, anybody want to bet on the chances it will ever be answered?:hystery::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

They gave me a number to call, anybody want to bet on the chances it will ever be answered?:hystery::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

And if someone would happen to answer, would they have any information other than to say Sorry, call back next week/month, whenever.:SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had my plastic licence after only 2 1/2 months so I cant see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I had my plastic licence after only 2 1/2 months so I cant see what all the fuss is about.

It must have been the 3 year license.  Its the one valid for 5 years that all the fuss is about.  Its been approved by the government but no one at the LTO seems to want to take the responsibility of printing the dang things.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

And if someone would happen to answer, would they have any information other than to say Sorry, call back next week/month, whenever.:SugarwareZ-034:

Sorry Sir you need to call this number,,,,,,,,, That's the number I called, Sir you need to send an email or contact us on FB,,,,, yes Mam I have done that and the reply was "call this number",,,,,, Sorry Sir that's the wrong number you need to send a msg to get the number,,,,, done that and that's why I called you. Sorry Sir that is the wrong number,,,,,,, so what is the right number? ,,,,, sorry sir you have to email or msg in FB to get the correct number,,,,, but I did that and that's why we are having this conversation,,,,,, Sorry Sir but this is the department of finance, yes Mam that's who I wish to speak to,,,,,, ahh you need to call this number AND AROUND IT GOES Sane? No but with a little perseverance and patience two weeks later  I got my answer and links to verify. Slowly slowly. Tolerance an a voracious hunger for correct cross referenced answers can also be entertaining if one has the time to play the game. Certainly keeps government departments on their toes. Apart from the hang ups and obvious ineptitude of many government employees eventually with perseverance the answers come. Usually from the boss.

I am sure we have all been down this path with victories and loses. Happens in Oz too.

Cheers, Steve.