Water Damage ( To Barangay Roads!)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here in Dumaguete, we have had our fair share of rain, the Damage to our house was fairly minimal compared to a lot I have seen, However, I spoke to our Purok President a while ago who had just come from a Barangay meeting, He tells me that they will do nothing about the Mud Roads around the Barangay until it is all over, ALL OVER I said and in the meantime? We have exposed water pipes, hanging Trees, Fallen Trees, Impassable areas of Road that have Collapsed,  :89: I thought, I asked, we had a contingency for all this? Stockpiled Gravel and earth to repair these areas, Well yes ok but the Captain has said that he was instructed by the City to Hold fire until the Emergency Committee sits next Month to see what Funds are available.

The Funds were there but somehow they are not available just now, The Acting Governor (Our governor being suspended due to the mislaid cash) has said that they may be able to Combine the Spillway and the Barangay roads in the same suite of Operations. :wow: So there is money? Course there is  but not where it should be.  Time for an early Lunch

I am hoping for 6 cubic of Gravel (to sort  the entrance to my Front gate out) to be delivered before Saturday, I should not have to but :571c66d400c8c_1(103):if I don't, I will be having problems so :1927_: Mr Captain, I will look after me and Mine and don't come looking for any handouts this year to your Budget, You are getting that on Saturday:huh:

:508:

Edited by Jack Peterson
a little punctuation if you don't mind
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am hoping for 6 cubic of Gravel (to sort  the entrance to my Front gate out) to be delivered before Saturday,

Further to me opening this Topic, I have just heard from "A" that we have had outline permission to put a concrete section of 25 to 30 Meters outside the property going each way up and down say 15 each way. City Engineers will call early next week to access the project and inform us of what is needed, Drainage etc and diverting the two water lines (Including ours that will be affected. there are no Power lines involved but that would not have been a problem anyway :wink: Total Cost could be anywhere between  600k to 1 mil but i am sure we can come in better than that knowing my Good Lady. One thing for sure it will be peace of Mind for us and may wake up the Barangay Captain that certain of his residents care about the environment. The City Engineers are all for this as it is a real problem outside our place as it is on a busy corner. There may (and I say May) be some sort of allowance from the City as it will be 30 meters they don't have to fund Fully. We will see :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Total Cost could be anywhere between  600k to 1 mil but i am sure we can come in better than that knowing my Good Lady

So are you saying you would "donate" that bit of concrete road to the barangay ?  If I read that right its a good idea.

I wonder what the people are "living like a king on 1,000 a month" would do? :whistling: :crack-up:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So are you saying you would "donate" that bit of concrete road to the barangay ?  If I read that right its a good idea.

I wonder what the people are "living like a king on 1,000 a month" would do? :whistling: :crack-up:

Buy  a shovel.

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Further to me opening this Topic, I have just heard from "A" that we have had outline permission to put a concrete section of 25 to 30 Meters outside the property going each way up and down say 15 each way. City Engineers will call early next week to access the project and inform us of what is needed, Drainage etc and diverting the two water lines (Including ours that will be affected. there are no Power lines involved but that would not have been a problem anyway :wink: Total Cost could be anywhere between  600k to 1 mil but i am sure we can come in better than that knowing my Good Lady. One thing for sure it will be peace of Mind for us and may wake up the Barangay Captain that certain of his residents care about the environment. The City Engineers are all for this as it is a real problem outside our place as it is on a busy corner. There may (and I say May) be some sort of allowance from the City as it will be 30 meters they don't have to fund Fully. We will see :thumbsup:

Your spat with the local Councillors has been going on for quite some time now maybe this will spring them into action although it may be a backwards motion as it is not their idea.Good luck anyway.Would you like me to have a word with them after our drink later.haha.

Edited by sonjack2847
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Basically Yes but until it is all done I am looking after Us as it seems the locals are quite happy with the mud and  Dangerous Corner down to the  neighbours part of the Purok, as I say, it will take a death to wake them, so this is my part of trying to avoid any accidents on the Corner and Hopefully stop the Flooding next door which creates a problem with the idiots that never want to slow down even though the Road is treacherous when Muddy. :thumbsup:

Can't answer for the others on a tight Budget would say or Do, I guess they would join the local Club that keeps telling us but you are rich, so let them say what they feel they need to, I am just doing my bit, Selfish in the main but for the good of All in this neighbourhood, Sorry but that is Us in that if we can do something about things we do and try not to Moan to much, Yes, this started as a mini rant and has turned into something useful 

:508:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Selfish in the main

Nah!  Many a good deed was done with a bit of self interest thrown in.  Even charities take a little off the top for their own selves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1