Windscreens (when they Shatter) what to do?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I've only have a couple, myself.  Only one bad enough that I could not see out of it and I had to do like I have seen the filipinos do, kick the dang thing out and drive with no glass.

That  will work.  The link about the emergency windscreen is an Aussie, I had to be hanging by the you know whats waiting for it to arrive.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think it may be a difference in how people use the word.  Google "shattered windscreen" and there are loads of pics of what I think of when I speak of a shattered windscreen.  Too many to "pic" one and repost it here :morning1:

Odd really as it is my Topics, it appears that we are very lucky in Dumaguete in that we do have service from Reman glass:

https://wego.here.com/philippines/dumaguete-city/car-dealer-repair/reman-auto-glass-car-tinting--608jx7ps-05fb9dbce6d00eaece61d8caa0a4fec4?map=9.30715,123.30481,15,normal

Who'd' a thought it

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

we do have service from Reman glass

Funny that.  I was in there a month or two ago to get my windows tinted.  Loads of people getting their windows tinted but I didn't see anyone getting a new windshield put in.  I suppose they'd have to order it as they only have a tiny little shop so cannot possibly stock all possible windshields.  Wonder how they do it.  Tell you where I have seen windows getting replaced, at the paint and auto body shop.  Perhaps they subcontract that part out though.  I never asked.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny that.  I was in there a month or two ago to get my windows tinted.  Loads of people getting their windows tinted but I didn't see anyone getting a new windshield put in.  I suppose they'd have to order it as they only have a tiny little shop so cannot possibly stock all possible windshields.  Wonder how they do it.  Tell you where I have seen windows getting replaced, at the paint and auto body shop.  Perhaps they subcontract that part out though.  I never asked.

Apparently it is at the main depot in Subulan, is that where you go? They have 4 or 5 Premises throughout the City As to Subcontracting the Work Out I would imagine that to be the case but to whom I would not now.

Suzuki tell me that it would be a 4/5 day period to change mine but what happens in between I hope i never have to find out. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

They have 4 or Premises throughout the City

I did not know that.  Wish I did.  I went all the way to town to the premises you linked to on your other post.  I thought that was the only one.  Good info to know :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I did not know that.  Wish I did.

Ok, so it is all the way through Sibulan proper after the last bend  On the left as you head out to San Jose etc;

http://www.yellow-pages.ph/business/reman-glass-and-aluminum

:thumbsup: Here to help ours friends :smile:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Suzuki tell me that it would be a 4/5 day period to change mine but what happens in between I hope i never have to find out. :thumbsup:

Remove the pieces, then wear safety glasses or even a motor cycle helmit while driving? :89:  Unless of course it is raining!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Remove the pieces, then wear safety glasses or even a motor cycle helmit while driving? :89:  Unless of course it is raining!

:hystery: I laugh only because when the Rubbish Lorry came Yesterday. Azon tells me that it had no widscreen due to a fallen Tree Branch breaking it when Parked during our recent Storm but still doing the Rounds. On reflection, I have seen quite a few cars with badly Damaged screens None with out But Plenty with clear Duct Tape, where would they be without that invention EH?:mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

None with out

Watch closely.  There are quite a few without windscreens but they go so slow that it simply looks like they have a very clean window. :morning1: (Now you are gonna be looking at everyone's windscreen as you drive about LOL . .  by quite a few I mean about 1 in 1,000 here in and around Dumaguete.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(Now you are gonna be looking at everyone's windscreen as you drive about LOL

:hystery: But of course, it would be rude not to :whistling:

• Haha 1