The "TOTTER" (Rag and Bone man) Where there's muck there's money, Trash is Brass call it all you want!

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Moral is; Never judge a book by it's  :tiphat: Hat off to you my hard Working Little Friend of some years now :thumbsup:

When I first move in to the home I have now the milk was left on the doorstep by a man of similar age as myself.

Hard working up at 3am to start his day.

It was a few years later I discoverd he was the proud owner of a house and home not far away from me but way out of my league!

Anyone who works hard and gets on in life is to be admired like your scrapman Jack.

Sadly milkmen are few and far between these days as like most people ourselves included buy milk at the supermarket for convenience.

Nice story Jack enjoy your evening beer.:thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I hope he was able to purchase it outright and not paying the exorbitant interest rates.  It would be a shame if he were to be making payments, fall behind, and have it repossessed by the bank.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I hope he was able to purchase it outright and not paying the exorbitant interest rates.  It would be a shame if he were to be making payments, fall behind, and have it repossessed by the bank.

On that I never spoke but if his house is anything to go by he will have paid cash :smile: as I said, an Inspiration  to all  :Happy: As with another topic on Hidden or untold wealth, Dumaguete is quite a unique place at times, this is just one of them:thumbsup:

Jack :shades:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Sadly milkmen are few and far between these days as like most people ourselves included buy milk at the supermarket for convenience.

And so cheap too compared to the price you pay the milkman.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

And so cheap too compared to the price you pay the milkman.

YET! we all moan about how the world is changing for the worst, the UK milkman is one of lifes, always been there, for our age group in the main

So on reflection we go back to it  being all about Money, Sad that we are our own worst Enemies  and just put the Dying Breeds out to  seed in a field so to speak :huh:

• Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

YET! we all moan about how the world is changing for the worst, the UK milkman is one of lifes, always been there, for our age group in the main

So on reflection we go back to it  being all about Money, Sad that we are our own worst Enemies  and just put the Dying Breeds out to  seed in a field so to speak :huh:

One of my first Saturdays paying jobs helping out the milkman, there was none of this stupid eggs ,potatoes and even bread being delivered in those days, just your gold top, silver top and even the odd red top too, cant think of the other one "a tall bottle with a metal top".

No matter what the weather was the milk was always delivered and the epmty bottles was collected, could carry around 4 bottles in each hand and if it was so cold the odd bottle would freeze to your hand too and burn it, those was the days working for a couple of bob.

d36724d9c807cc48c48d0b2ecc5fbb26--british-english-british-things.jpg

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I can remember the bread man doing his rounds , the pop man too ,

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 10/28/2017 at 7:49 AM, Kuya John said:

Maybe this is why birth rates are down in western countries. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think in today's society the bread and milk wouldn't stay on your door step long before it went walk abouts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2