My Neice was robbed in Talisay Saturday afternoon

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My Neice was robbed while riding a trsikad Friday afternoon in a public place in Talisay Cebu. Two men on a scooter one had a hand gun. Took her handbag phone ID ATM and credit cards. 

I don’t go down into Talisay at all anymore used to be safe but over the years not so much anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

My Neice was robbed while riding a trsikad Friday afternoon in a public place in Talisay Cebu. Two men on a scooter one had a hand gun. Took her handbag phone ID ATM and credit cards. 

I don’t go down into Talisay at all anymore used to be safe but over the years not so much anymore.

That sucks. Glad she is safe.  What was she riding?  Was she the only one robbed?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Sad mate so sad but it seems to be a way of life around the World, Makes another Topic I started seem to endorse that there is no need for this,

One wonders if motorcycle raiders will start like in the Films, Holding up the Stage coach but here the JEEPNEY :89:

Hope the shock will not last too long my friend, Please wish her well from us here in Junob.:smile: 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

in a public place in Talisay Cebu.

Sad to hear of this happening.  Even worse is that the police seem to do nothing.  There are no safe places any more, but some are worse than others.  Have you any clue as to why she was targeted, out of all the people in the public place?  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My wife hasn't spoken to her yet, unhurt so that's the important thing.

She got off a jeepney from Cebu City onto a Trsikad the scooter followed her for a bit then one of the guys pulled a gun and took her handbag. They were watching folks arrive from the city. Late afternoon right out in a public place but they have little to fear. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe they thought she would have cash coming home with her pay or something? 100 peso's but she did have a new android cell phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The most important thing is , she is safe, everything else can be replaced.

Its the world over get a motorbike and follow someone then rob them, could it be there people see something that is happening on the news and think lets do that, its a pity when these riders rode off they did not get hit by a 18 tone truck.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

Its the world over get a motorbike and follow someone then rob them

3rd world, certainly not prevalent everywhere. Easy to get a carry permit here, lots of po'ed people w/guns. The 2 punks on a bike would have a very short criminal career.